Chapter 19

I'd never thought I'd see those

I'd never thought I'd see those. I never thought I'd receive those. It seems unreal. And it makes me so mad.

These letters are full of lies and they shouldn't be here. I should not have to read those words and I definitely can't let Lisa read them.

Why would they write?

Why would they do that to us?

Why would they do that to me?

I grab the letters and stuff them in their envelopes, then make my way, upstairs to my room. After I close the door behind me, I don't know where to hide them.

I walk up to my shelf and look for a place between the books, but if they keep coming, I won't have enough place. I don't want to sleep next to them. I don't want them in my nightstand, and I can't put them in my plants because I need to water them.

I'll just put them in my desk drawer.

I get out of the room and go downstairs to grab something to drink. But as my feet touch the cold floor of my living room, this wave of sadness takes over me. The lights are off and it's starting to rain, so the luminosity is restricted. Everything is cold, and everything is dark. When I look around in this darkness it's like I'm looking in a mirror. It's alone and hiding. It's got a story that it's not ready to tell.

I grab my shoes and put them on, then look for my car keys and jacket and make my way outside of the house and to my car. Once I'm seated, I pull out my phone and call Loes, putting her on speakerphone.

"Hi, sunshine!"

"Hey ladybug, could you please do me a favor?"

"Yeah, sure ask away."

"What is Athena's address?"

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

I watch Athena open the door of her apartment still surprised to see me there. She seems suspicious at the interphone downstairs, so I understand the look on her face.

"Hi, come in." I smile at her and step into her gorgeous apartment.

The last and first time we saw each other was at Ares and Loes' dinner, where Mister Anger Issues snapped at her. She must be confused about why am here and is probably scared of why I am here. Maybe it would have been wiser to come over for the first time when Loes was here, but at the same time, this is a conversation I need to have with Athena and no one else. So Loes working now is the perfect timing.

"Can I give you anything? Like water or anything else?" I turn around to face her and smile asking for a glass of water.

She goes to get it and it gives me time to look around her apartment. Her living room is lighted by huge ceiling-to-floor windows. I'm sure if the grey clouds spitting water against her windows weren't there, I could look over the whole city and see New York City in its full glory.