Chapter 24

"How long until they fuck in the bathroom?" I look above my shoulder and see a couple dancing together and roll my eyes, looking back at Theo

"Don't bet those kinds of things." He chuckles and then leans on the side a little to have a better view.

"Seeing how excited he is, it won't take long." He tells me and I can't help but laugh. "So how long?"

"I give them 10 minutes tops."

"Bet you fifty they can't hold 5."

"Deal." I lean forward and grab his hand, shaking our little stupid bet.

I grab the beer in front of me and finish it before asking a question I've been dying to ask for a couple of days now, and I prefer to do it while Ares is not here.

"Do you still have this thing with Athena going on?" He widens his eyes and shakes his head.

"God no." Interesting. "It was really a one-time thing. She was mad at Ares, I was overthinking stuff and it just happened." He leans back in his seat with the bottle of beer in his hand playing with the label. "We talked. It's not going to happen again. We are just friends." I nod, a little bit surprised.

"Well-"

"Hey guys." I stop talking as Ares joins us at the booth and sits down between me and Theo.

"Hey, how you doing?"

"I'm fine, I've been looking for a new place today." I share a look with Theo.

He's moving?

When he sees the look on our faces, he explains a little more.

"The house is just so many memories with Loes and it's not that I want to forget her, but it's too big and I need to move on. So new place it is."

We all keep talking about everything and nothing, if I'm honest I have a hard time following the discussion.

"And 5 minutes it is." I see Theo checking his watch and I look behind seeing the couple hand in hand heading for the toilet.

"Fuck." I grab my wallet, but Theo stops me.

"Instead of fifty dollars why don't you just pay the next rounds?"

"Yeah, alright." I get up and give him the finger which just makes both Ares and Theo laugh. I smile as I walk to the bar and signal to the bartender that I want three beers. When I am about to turn around, I catch the hair of my golden boy right next to me. He just arrives at the bar and he sends me a look with a little smirk.

I scoff and lick the back of my teeth, leaning my back against the bar.

"Three times now." He tells me but I keep my eyes in front of me, looking into the crowd.

"Will you disappear again?" This time I turn my head a little a look at him. He is smiling. He looks down at his hands on the counter and I can see him sway a little because he keeps moving his feet.

"Probably." He tells me and looks up at the same time that the bartender places the three beers next to me.

I turn around and gather them, but before walking away I tell him one last thing.

"Well, you know what they say. The third time's a charm. I'll see you." I can't quite tell what he is thinking, but I love the look on his face.

When I get back to our booth, I give the guys their beers and look one last time into the crowd and there he is. Dancing with the same girl he was the first time I saw him.

He didn't disappear.

Third time's a charm.