Chapter 22

I close the door violently behind me and take off my shoes in a hurry trying to avoid my roommate

"Athena, which bottle of wine can I open."

Oh god no, please kill me now. Just do it, end it, let me leave this world.

"Whichever you want." I say, still trying to take out my left shoes, hopping on my right leg.

"This one is better but also more expensive and I think it should be for a special occasion."

"Then take the other one." I finally take off my shoe and throw it against the door, picking up my purse that fell on the floor with the rest of my stuff.

"But at the same time, I really need it and it's better." I get up, and everything slips from my hands, crashing on the floor once.

"Oh come on." I watch the paper fly around and the open binder on the floor. I groan and bend down, gathering once again all the paper, keys, and bullshit on the floor.

"So which one."

"Well, then the expensive one."

"Are you sure, because it's expensive."

"Not for me."

"Yeh but still it's not like-"

"Just pick one Loes!" I snap at her standing up to look at her. She frowns and lowers her arms. I can see on her face that she is wondering why I snapped. She is not mad at me and I know it. She is wondering what happened for me to be irritated. "I'm sorry." I tell her and suddenly feel terrible.

I just made out with her ex-fiancé and here I am snapping at her over a bottle of wine.

"I'm going to open the expensive one. Feel free to join me." She sends a small smile my way and I nod.

"I actually feel like being alone. But thank you." She turns around and heads into the kitchen to open her bottle of wine and I go into my room hiding from her. From the truth.

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

I lean my head back on the couch closing my eyes, still listening to the conversation between Miles and Lisa

I lean my head back on the couch closing my eyes, still listening to the conversation between Miles and Lisa. I feel extremely tired, and I have no idea why. I feel small hands on my leg and a small body crawling on my lap and lying there with her head against my chest. I smile and let my hand delicately fall on her head, playing with Sofia's hair. I open my eyes and look down seeing her falling asleep in my arms. I see to my right Lisa's smile, and I can't help but smile too.

I know Sofia is completely out when Miles' phone rings and she doesn't move at all. It's crazy how fast this girl can fall asleep. And everywhere. He excuses himself and gets up to answer his phone. I hear him answer with his doctor's indication which means it's the hospital.

"Do you remember the other night?" Lisa's hand comes next to mine on her daughter's head, slowly petting it. "Do you remember what you said to me?"

"Lisa, what are you doing?" Of course, I remember. I can still feel her hand against my chest and the way her soft lips looked irresistible.

She is making things impossible between us. I really want to do unspeakable things to her, but she is Miles' sister and I live with her. I couldn't hurt her that way, because it would be just sex and I would never jeopardize her wellbeing for my sexual interests.

All I know is that I need to get away from her, I need to leave space between so she can get ideas out of her head, whatever they are.

"I'm just reminding you what you think of me." She leans a little closer and I close my eyes trying to stay calm.

"Why?"

"Because I like the way you think of me." My head snaps to her and my eyes fall on her lips. She looks absolutely amazing.

I've had women trying to get in my pants and showing interest in me. It never worked, the more they want me, the less I care. But Lisa, oh my god, Lisa. It's so different because I know since day one how much she wants me and she is untouchable. I know what I could do to her, how much she would bend to my will but there is nothing I can do about it. And the fact that she keeps coming back to me just makes me imagine more things to do with her, but I can't. She is forbidden.

I wrap my arms around Sofia's small body and get up from the couch deciding that this conversation is over.

I hear her sigh behind me but she doesn't say anything about me leaving. She knows really well why I am so cold with her sometimes because she knows it can never happen and that's it. We have to live with it and if we can't even control ourselves and not have sex with each other then we are in serious trouble. So that's why I am confident nothing will ever happen. Because we can keep our hands to ourselves.

When I get upstairs, I slide into Sofia's room and put her gently down on her bed, pulling the covers over her body. I smile down at her while petting her head one last time. I kiss her and turn around seeing that Lisa is waiting against the doorframe looking at us.

I walk closer and slow down when I pass next to her. Our bodies brush together and I can't help looking down at her. Oh dear lord, what have you done with this woman? I don't think I understand how beautiful Lisa is. She is a miracle.

"Miles got called in." She whispers and I take a step away, nodding and turning away.

I get into my room and lock the door behind me groaning. I can feel myself getting harder and it's absolutely awful.

Stop it, Theo.

Stop it.

"Fuck."

I need to get away from her for a while.

I need to forget her.

I need a cold shower.