Quietly Inlove

Becky's POV

We have an event today with the prime minister. We're currently in the waiting area with other artists. Freen and I are sitting next to each other.

"You are so pretty... Nong," Freen whispered to me. Then she looked away smiling.

"You look more beautiful, Khun Sam," I replied to her. But unlike her, I looked at her, teasing her as always.

She felt my gaze, so she gently pinched me.

"Beccaaa... there are a lot of people here, not just me," she joked, but I knew she was just feeling shy.

"Hahaha sorryyyy... I'll just go to the restroom, babe," I excused myself to her.

"Are you okay?" she quickly asked.

"Yes," I smiled and went to the restroom.

Afterward, I returned to the waiting area, but they were no longer there.

"Where's Phi?" I muttered to myself while looking around.

And then I saw them. I think the event was about to start.

I hurriedly approached and sat beside her, but she didn't notice me, which puzzled me. Despite her smile, it seemed like she was thinking about something. Sometimes, a straight expression could be seen on her face.

"What happened?" I found myself asking in my mind. But since we're at an event, I just let it slip my mind.

Freen's POV

I looked around while Becky wasn't here yet. I'm happy that Becky and I are part of this event. It's an honor for us. I can't believe we've come this far.

I was lost in thought when the event organizer called us.

"Hello, everyone, the event is about to start. Please proceed to your respective assigned seats. Thank you!" a staff member said politely and kindly.

As we walked, I overheard two people talking.

"Isn't she the one who went viral before, with Seng?" one girl said.

"Yes, that's her. I feel sorry for her. But what I really wonder is how Becky feels; she must have been hurt too," the other replied.

I couldn't shake off my uneasiness, and my mood slightly changed upon hearing what the two staff members were talking about. They're still discussing my past issue with Seng.

Becky and I have already overcome this. But I haven't really asked her how she felt during that time.

I quickened my pace and sat down.

I'm slightly annoyed and worried. Even the staff members remembered, so how much more our fans? I'm aware that some left due to the issue, but others chose to stay.

Because of that, I started to overthink. But because we're at an event, I still needed to smile.

"Phi..." Becky called out to me, tapping my arm. I didn't notice that she had returned.

I smiled, but I wasn't sure if my smile was okay.

The event progressed and I didn't realize that it was about to end soon. There were a lot of pictures being taken.

I was surprised when Becky suddenly spoke as we sat back down.

"P'Freen... are you okay? You seem to be thinking about something," Becky whispered to me. I could see the concern in her eyes.