Rhythms of Love

Becky's POV

We've just arrived here in the Philippines. Since we've been here several times, this country is nothing new to us. We love to be here. The people here are warm.

As we settled into the service van, P'Ted asked where we wanted to go first since we had some time to sightsee.

Having done some research beforehand, I suggested going to the National Museum since it's on the way from the airport.

"Can we go to the National Museum first, then off to BGC? It's nice there, we can eat, shop, and have some fun?" I asked P'Ted.

He smiled and immediately told the driver.

"Okay then, sir, to the National Museum first, do you know where that is? Then to BGC after please," he politely asked the driver.

"Yes Sir, no problem," the driver replied and smiled.

Freen's face suddenly brightened. She seemed a bit under the weather still, but I know she loves arts, so I thought of that place, and it's also a chance to get to know the Philippines better.

She smiled at me, and it seemed like she knew I had done some research. That's just me, I like things planned.

"Thanks, Nong," she said.

"Welcome, Phi," I replied, smiling back and giving her a wink.

She jokingly rolled her eyes at me. Haha, she's so cute.

-----

We're here at the National Museum now. We just wandered around and took some pictures.

I saw her staring at a statue. I approached her and saw that she was taking a picture of it.

"Babe, it reminds me of you," Freen said to me.

"Why, Babe?" I asked her while starting to read the description.

"It looks like an angel, and you're like that to me, right?" She smiled, then winked at me and moved on to another display, laughing.

I looked again and read what was written on the statue.

"Diwata," I whispered softly.

I searched for the meaning of the word and smiled.

I stared at the statue again. "Looks like me but it described her" I chuckled at my thought and followed her.

---

After our visit to the National Museum, we went to BGC. We roamed around the BGC Uptown mall and had some food.

"Wait, who among you two is actually sick?" P'Ging suddenly asked us while Freen is feeding me, actually she just wants me to taste her food. We both looked at each other and laughed.

"Yeah, are you sick Nong Bec?" P'Pop chimed in, and they both exchanged knowing looks.

"You know, you two should also feed each other if you're jealous," Freen replied to them, but we were both blushing.

"Why do I feel like...Nam is here?" I said, laughing.

Then I started to eat my food and signaled Freen to eat too. She sometimes treats me like a baby when I'm with her. One of the qualities I liked about her is how caring she is toward me.

-----

After we ate, we wandered around BGC for a bit. We passed by a busker. I stopped because the song was beautiful, even though it seemed a bit melancholic.

Because I stopped, they stopped too and took a video.

"The song is so beautiful, isn't it?" I whispered to Freen, feeling the weight of the moment as the melody filled the air. Despite the language barrier, I knew she could sense the emotion behind the music.