Crossroad: Friends or Lovers?

Becky's POV

I woke up late today, maybe because it feels like home with my family here in the Philippines.

But realizing it's our flight back to Thailand, I rushed to get ready.

Mom said lunch with Jane's family was canceled due to an important appointment. No big deal; there's always next time.

I thought of calling Freen. But because we were in a hurry, we had a quick lunch and went straight to the airport.

In our rush, I didn't notice my untied shoelace until Richie fixed it for me. Touched by his gesture, I recorded it and posted it on my IG story. Despite our constant teasing, we always support each other.

+-+-+

We arrived at the airport when Jane suddenly called, saying they were also there just to say hi to us.

"Beckyyyyy," she greeted us as we saw each other. She was with her best friend and other friends.

"Hi Jane," we hugged, and they greeted my mom, dad, and Richie.

"We're lucky we caught up with you," she said with a laugh. "Tita, Mom asked me to give this to you, sorry we couldn't have lunch. Mom's been in the province since yesterday," she handed the package from her mom.

"It's okay, Jane. Regards to your mom. Please tell her there's always a next time. It looks like we'll be coming back here for some vacation," my mom replied to Jane.

"Of course Tita, you are very welcome here," Jane answered.

She also introduced us to her other close friends and took some pictures.

I'm a bit anxious because it seemed like someone might get jealous again. I grinned secretly.

But I also wanted to know if she was really jealous or just being protective of me as a sister?

An idea popped into my mind.

I asked Jane to take a picture, and she looked at me like she knew what I was planning. I had already confided in her about my feelings for Freen and her apparent jealousy.

"Becky, it looks like you're really going to make someone jealous" she said, laughing.

"Hahaha, will you help me, Jane. You know, right? I need to confirm," I said, laughing along with her teasing.

"Freen likes you Bec" she exclaimed.

"but okay... let me sit closer to you and lean on your shoulder, can I do this?" Jane asked while placing her face near mine.

"Sure, why not? Let's take a pic, 1..2..3 and done," we looked at our picture and I immediately posted it on my story. Of course, I added a caption. "Bye lovelyyy until next time. With a heart.

"There...posted." With a sneaky grin, I posted the photo on my story, eager to see Freen's reaction.

Just then, the staff called us.

"Oh, I think it's our flight now, see you again next time Jane," we bid farewell to her and her friends.

+-+-+

We're on the plane now, I remembered to call Freen but decided to surprise her instead. I wonder if she saw my IG story? Excited to see her, I grinned, thinking..
"Sorry, Babe, I had to post it to confirm something."

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Freen's POV

"Freen, wake up, dear, and have lunch," my mom nudged me awake.