Chapter 23 The Girl in the Fog of Memory

"Why don't I feel tired every time I wake up?" Ronnie said as he awoke from his sleep and rubbed his eyes.

Michiko said, "I didn't sleep well last night and I had a nightmare."

"What kind of nightmare did you have?"

"I don't remember, but it was terrible."

Alice had long since gotten up and made breakfast, when she heard the conversation between the two she jumped in, "You two come and eat your breakfast, you still have to go to work, get there early while it's not too sunny, I'm going out to sea first," having said that, she turned to leave.

Breakfast consisted of potato pancakes, maybe it was the stove, they looked a bit battered and burnt, but for Ronnie's duo it was considered a delicacy. There was only one pancake and it was cut in half and the two of them shared it. When they were finished, they grabbed their homemade shovels and headed out to the garden. They talked and laughed on the way, and soon they arrived at the "little garden". Ronnie walked in front of them, and Michiko followed carefully, she had been bitten once, so she walked very slowly, "Don't walk too fast, be careful of snakes!"

"I know, I'll clear the way for you with a shovel," Ronnie replied without looking back, tapping the shovel around to scare away the snakes, insects and ants, the duo's goal was to get rid of the grass, but the weeds in this valley were really lush and some were even taller than a man, it wasn't easy to get rid of them. The two of them snaked forward, with Ronnie walking in front of them, knocking down the weeds and then stomping on them a few times. While Michiko followed behind, pulling weeds. That's when he saw the pouting Michiko and the idea of mischief came to him. He quietly ran behind Michiko, grabbed the shovel and reached out to pull down her pants with one hand, and suddenly a round ass appeared in front of his eyes. "Hahaha, so white!" he laughed triumphantly.

"Ah... rascal!" Michiko let out a scream and turned just in time to see the shovel Ronnie had thrown on the ground, picking it up and swinging it at his head, but he easily dodged it. Undeterred, she swung up for another swing. Unfortunately, she missed again, and Ronnie had long since run away, yelling as he ran, "I'm sorry Michiko, I was joking with you, I won't next time."

"You rascal, I'll beat you to death," Michiko ran after him, shovel in hand.

Ronnie hadn't expected the usually so gentle girl to become so ferocious, he was so scared that he ran desperately towards the beach, only his sister could save him now. The two of them chased each other for two kilometers, finally reaching the beach, he saw a figure in the distance, raised his hand and shouted, "Sister, help!"

Alice was collecting the "fishing nets", heard someone shouting, turned around to see her brother being chased by Michiko, thought they were fooling around again, so she said, "Why don't you two go to work? You fool around all day."

As she spoke, the two had come close, and Ronnie jumped into her arms, his voice shaking slightly as he said, "Sister, come on, come on, Michiko, she's gone crazy again!"

"Who are you? go away, I'll beat this child to death!" Michiko, who had followed, pointed at the duo and said angrily.

Alice froze for a moment and stepped forward, "Michiko, I'm Alice, don't you recognize me?"

"What Alice? go away or I'll beat you both up," Michiko's face was full of anger, she picked up the shovel and brought it down on both of them. "Clang!" with a sound, Alice blocked it with her hand and the shovel landed on the ground, taking the opportunity to pull Ronnie and turn to run. She knew that more explanations would be useless and Michiko seemed to be really angry. "What just happened to you? why did she have to hit you?" Alice asked as she ran.