Chapter 37 A First Experience in the City-state

"See you, sis!" they parted here and Ronnie raised his hand to his watch and said, "'Big Butler' take me home!"

The Big Butler was immediately awakened: "Master, please get into elevator forty-one first," so Ronnie, guided by Big Butler, arrived at the door of room 42 on the 25th floor. He stood at the door, not knowing how to open it. Just then, a seven- or eight-year-old boy came out from next door, saw him standing there, and reminded him, "Brother, you can ask your butler to open the door for you."

"Oh!" Ronnie woke up as if from a dream and awkwardly touched his head, "Oh, I forgot," he turned to the big butler on his wrist and said, "Big Butler, please open the door for me!"

"Master, I'm sorry, the door cannot be opened, this is not room forty-two."

"Brother, room forty-two is in front, this is room forty,"the enthusiastic little boy opened the door again.

Ronnie's face flushed and he said, "Thank you, little brother, come to my house sometime."

"I'm free right now, can I come to your house to play?" the little boy lifted his head with anticipation in his eyes.

"This ..." Ronnie was stunned for a moment, he had just said it casually and didn't really mean to ask the other to come over. He just wanted to go home, take a shower and get some sleep. The little boy waited half a day without seeing his answer and realized in his heart. "Brother, do you regret it? Then forget it! I'm going home." He's a real go-getter, and he just walked away. Ronnie couldn't help but feel a sense of guilt in his heart, and he resolved that in the future he would never indiscriminately make promises for things he couldn't do.

He took a few more steps toward room forty-two, and just as he was about to open his mouth to call the butler, the door opened automatically. He said to himself, "This is really handy, I don't even have to open my mouth."

When he entered the room, the door closed automatically. He wanted to familiarize himself with the surroundings first. The single room was only forty square meters. The first room in the corridor was a small bedroom measuring two meters by five by four meters, next to the bedroom was a bathroom measuring two meters by five by two meters, and through the six meter long corridor he came to the balcony, which was four meters square. Seeing such a simple room, he was a little disappointed. It was already noon, so he asked into his wristwatch, "Big Butler, why is there no kitchen here?"

"Master, individuals within the city-state don't need a kitchen, all weekday lunches are served in the first floor cafeteria, other times can be customized through the ordering system and then delivered through the material access port."

"Then you open up the ordering system." Ronnie said.

Moments later, a projection of the ordering system appeared on the balcony wall. A beautiful virtual waitress appeared on the projection, "Hello! Ronnie, welcome to the City-state Food Ordering System, this is your first time using this system. Please select the cuisine you want, we have eight cuisines here: Italian, French, Indian, Japanese, Chinese, Thai, Mexican and Greek. If you want to change, please give us a week's notice." Ronnie selected half a dozen dishes and finally settled on Italian. The waitress asked again, "Would you like a large, small or medium?" Ronnie chose a large. The waitress then said, "Please be patient for twenty minutes."

The floor of the balcony was grass and Ronnie ordered and just lay down, "It's so cozy! I can sleep right here." Twenty minutes passed quickly, only to hear a "ding" sound, a passage appeared in the wall and an iron hand reached out, carrying a plate. On the plate was tonight's lasagna with Bolognese sauce, which he hurried to catch. He looked at the empty balcony and muttered, "Why isn't there even a table or a chair?"