Chapter 67 The City's Historical Inscriptions

On the afternoon of the second day, Ronnie and his five "rebirth partners" headed to Zi City. He had made it to the finals six years ago, but only for one match. Back then, No. 2 had tied with "The Rhinoceros in the Wilderness" and won by a draw. This time, Ronnie was hoping for a better ranking, and he sent Gina to gather information on his opponents. No. 3's opponent in the first match was "Ghost Eye Shura", who had a pair of big eyes like a goldfish, a bloody mouth, and a clenched iron fist that seemed to hide a huge amount of energy. His whole body was covered with spikes, and he had a long tail behind him. Those who made it to the top 36 were all strong robots from the New World, including Professor De Silva's "Angel of Judgement", which made it to the finals as the third best robot in You City. Ronnie's No.3 was now following him around, almost like a bodyguard. The first match started on time at the Dream Plaza. The Rebirth Pals were all sitting nervously on the stage, and No.3 was undaunted by Ghost Eye Shura. Shura threw his head back and screamed, and attacked first, swinging his fists like a boxer. No. 3 raised his sword and blocked them all. Iron fists and swords collided, emitting white light. No. 3 was weaker and was repeatedly knocked back. He tried to find his opponent's weakness, but Ghost Eye Shura was like a hedgehog. No. 3 tried to attack his back, but Shura's tail seemed to have eyes and was able to hit him back accurately. No.3 had a headache and could only run fast to distance himself from his opponent, at this point, boos rang out from the stage, the last thing the crowd wanted to see was a match like this. The running No. 3 suddenly stopped and grabbed the back of his neck, a pair of wings immediately unfolded on his back, only to hear a "whoosh" sound! No. 3 flew into the air, the other party losing its target. Shura turned his head to look back and forth for a while before noticing No.3 in the air. He wasn't good at prancing around, and for a moment, he couldn't do anything to No.3, and the two sides just stood there in a stalemate.The referee spoke up at this point, "If both sides don't engage again in three minutes, we'll call this a draw, and then draw lots to determine the winner."

Ronnie didn't want to end up with a draw in the first match of the finals like last time, so he resolutely gave an order to No. 3 through his "Big Butler", "No. 3, stealth attack him."

No. 3 received Ronnie's instructions and immediately disappeared from the air. A few moments later, "Ghost Eye Shura" had a broadsword stuck in his mouth. He covered his mouth and tried to pull the sword out when the stealthy No. 3 kicked him in the big eye and Shura fell on his back. All this happened in an instant, and the audience on stage didn't realize that No.3 had used stealth; most thought it was because he was moving too fast. The next moment, No.3 appeared in a corner of the ring and waited to see if his opponent could get up, but unfortunately, "Ghost Eye Shura" didn't get up in the allotted time, and the referee declared him the winner.

In the afternoon match, No. 3's opponent was Prof. De Silva's "Angel of Judgment". Surprisingly, De Silva conceded the match, leaving No.3 to compete against another robot in the same group, which he won easily. At this point, No.3 was in the top six. Ronnie was overjoyed that he had finally made it this far based on his strength. It was the evening after the match, and Ronnie was so happy that he took his "Rebirth Partners" for a walk around Zi City. Unbeknownst to them, they came to the North District School, and Lily pointed to the forest in front of them and said, "There's a 'Historical Tablet' over there, shall we go over and take a look?"

Ronnie was intrigued and replied, "Yeah, let's go over there."

The six of them walked over to the historical marker. About three minutes later, the group saw a piece of granite about five feet high and three feet wide. As they got closer, they saw that the inscription read, "This monument was built in 2373 by Dr. Norforth to record the major events of the City-state, important historical figures, the names of the recipients of the Order of the Holy Virgin First Class, and the names of the donors at the time of the City-state's founding."