Chapter 57 Guardianship of Life and Death

"Sister, sister ..." Alice heard a voice calling her name in a daze and struggled to open her eyes. Realizing it was Ronnie, she got up and opened the door. Ronnie saw her disheveled and asked, "What's wrong? why are you up so late?"

Alice put her head down and said nothing, and when Ronnie pressed her further, she still didn't say anything. Ronnie knew something was definitely wrong, but she wouldn't answer and he was worried. Alice saw his worried look and had to tell him what had happened that morning. When Ronnie heard this, he flew into a rage and punched the wall, his clenched fist bursting into skin and blood. He said hatefully, "What a bunch of city-state scum, I will kill them."

Alice looked at his hands full of blood, her heart aching, and for a moment she could find nothing to bandage his wounds, and cried sadly again. The two siblings remained in the room for more than half an hour before their spirits began to settle. Alice spoke first: "Let's go, let's finish your quest first. Ronnie nodded in agreement. The duo came to lab 72, the project really needed two people, Alice also helped a lot, the duo was busy all afternoon, ate some bread and then started again, they were busy until more than ten o'clock. "Sister, why don't you come and stay in my room?" Ronnie said.

"OK!" The two siblings went to room 25. One slept on the floor, the other on the bed. In the middle of the night, the temperature dropped and Ronnie was so cold he was shivering all over, so he had to climb on the cot and squeeze in with Alice. It took the siblings another five days to complete this secondary task. Ronnie also made a small pistol from the remaining pieces. It can shoot a very thin ice needle with an effective range of thirty meters and can be fired six times. He handed it to Alice and said, ''Sister, take this, if anyone dares to bully you, shoot him. If you hit him in the leg, he'll immediately fall to the ground and they won't be able to see any wounds."

"That's fine, I'll take it," Alice happily took it.

Today, they went to exchange items, and halfway there, they ran into Little Eyes and the Tall Man again. The duo had been inquiring about the relationship between Ronnie's siblings for the past few days, and had specifically blocked off this area to wait. "They were the ones who bullied me last time," Alice whispered to Ronnie next to her. Ronnie's anger rose at the sound of this and he rushed out in spite of everything. Though he was brave, he wasn't good at fighting and within moments he was pinned to the ground by the larger man. Learning his lesson from the last time, the men dragged him to a dark corner where there was no surveillance and no one else would pass by, so he was ready to teach Ronnie a lesson.

Alice saw Ronnie being beaten, her heart burned, she wanted to go up and help, but Little Eyes was in her way, she could only beg bitterly. At that moment, she completely forgot that she still had the little gun Ronnie had given her. The taller man stomped on Ronnie's head and turned to him, "You were lucky last time, not this time, no one will see you here." He kicked as he spoke, cursing foul language. Ronnie covered his head tightly, not saying a word, he didn't want his sister to hear his screams.

"Please let him go, I'm coming with you," Alice cried out.

When the little eyes heard this, they were happy, "Haha ... Then take off your clothes first, I didn't see enough last time."

Alice blushed and shivered as she undid the first button. Then she suddenly remembered the small pistol, fished it out of her pocket and without hesitation fired a shot at each of them. She had practiced shooting when she was a city guard in the city-state, and she was still quite accurate, the two ice needles hitting the big man's thigh and small eyes respectively, only to hear a "Whoo!". They both fell down at the same time.

Alice breathed a sigh of relief and quickly ran to Ronnie and picked him up, "Are you okay, does it hurt?" whe dried her tears with her hands and looked at the swollen sack on his head, her heart aching. Ronnie forced a smile, "don't worry, I won't die, we're lucky to have this little gun."