Chapter 38 A Guide to the City's Honor Value

Ronnie was overjoyed and immediately told Alice about the method. At the end of the working day, the two of them split up to look for Michiko in the cafeteria. Unfortunately, after searching all day, they still couldn't find her. For the next three days, the siblings attended City Guard training while trying to locate Michiko. On the fourth day of their arrival in the city-state, which was the day of the city-state's newcomer training, Ronnie left his dormitory and went to the Northwest District Administrative Conference Hall. The meeting started at nine o'clock, and there were only about a dozen people there when he arrived, so he found an empty seat and sat down, waiting for people to arrive as the meeting progressed. The minutes ticked by. "Ronnie, you're here so early," a voice came from behind him.

"Sis!" as soon as he heard the voice, he knew it was his sister Alice. Turning his head, he saw her walking side by side with another girl her age, the two of them holding hands in an intimate way. According to Alice's introduction, the girl's name was "Halle Berry", a middle school teacher in the city-state. She was an average looking girl with a slightly plump body and wore glasses. She smiled and extended her hand to Ronnie, "Nice to meet you, Ronnie."

Ronnie shook her hand politely and after both sides introduced themselves, the three of them sat down side by side. About ten minutes later, after the hundred or so newcomers had all arrived, a man of about forty came in. He introduced himself, "My name is 'Watson', I'm a member of the City-state Knights' Committee, and today I'm going to talk about the history of the City-state and the use of the honor value."

The stage erupted in applause, and Ronnie followed with a few claps. Watson continued, "The City-state has a history of three hundred years, the first City-state being born in 2373 and founded by Dr. 'Norforth'. There are currently 150,000 City-states throughout the universe, forming the 'New World'. The City-states are named after the Twelve Hours of the East, Zi, U, Yin, Mao, Chen, Si, Wu, Wei, Shen, You, Xu and Hai, with a total of twelve capital cities. The city-state we are in now is just one of the sub-cities. The first sub-cities are built by the corresponding capital city, and each established city-state must be responsible for building two cities within twenty years. This city of ours was built by the Vice City You 9821, while the subsequent 9823 and 9824 will have to be built by our City-state, now if you have any questions you can ask me".

Halle Berry, who was sitting next to Ronnie, raised her hand as she asked, "Why was the City-state built in a nine-grid layout?"

Watson laughed, "That's a good question, before city-states, human settlements appeared in cities with a wider distribution of people, and people traveled mostly by car, train, and plane. As the city population grows, traveling becomes more difficult and also causes more pollution, at the same time people spend a lot of time on the road, and the nine-square grid layout is very good at solving this problem. Each city-state is a square of one square kilometer, each block is three hundred meters long, and the other eight blocks can all be reached within three minutes from the central district. There are no vehicles in the City-state because there's no need for them, which reduces congestion and protects the environment. There are four hundred and eighty-five other City-states in the vicinity of the City-state we are in, and these City-states form a cluster of City-states. The City-states are connected by the Courage Train. And the clusters of City-states are connected by the faster 'Knight Train'".

Then a few more people asked various questions. Watson answered them all.

What Ronnie wanted to know most was how to get an honor value, but Watterson didn't tell him directly, but put a projection on the wall with all kinds of information about honor values:

-Honor Point Symbol:NWΨ

-Gaining Honor

(1) Acquired daily