| seven |

'The trick is to enjoy life. Don't wish away your days, waiting for better ones ahead.'

| seven |

After eating all the food that was put on the table, I head to the freezer and pull out two tubs of ice-cream. One is chocolate and vanilla and the other is for me, cookie dough, since there's only a tiny bit left and I'm kinda selfish about my ice-cream.

I start eating mine while I scoop some of the other for them, into three bowls. I finish my ice-cream then I take the bowls out, while they continue talking. I think they're talking about school or something. Shrugging, I go back into the hallway and drag the plastic bags of shopping back into the living room, where I sit on the couch going through it all.

The blue collar is for Nelson and the black one is for Junior. They start sniffing around the bags, pulling out the two toys we got them and I quickly put the collars on them as well as the flea collars, which prevent them from getting fleas and other bugs on them. Supposedly, anyway.

After a few minutes, Brad comes and sits next to me and helps me pull out the purchases.

''I read somewhere that for little puppies you have to put milk in with the dry dog food to make it softer for them,'' Bumper mentions, coming back from taking the bowls into the kitchen.

''For now I'm just gonna give them the wet stuff. Tonight before I go to bed they can have the milk and the dry stuff.''

I see Brad nodding in agreement with me out of the corner of my eye and I hand the bowls to him. ''Fill these with water, please.''

''Yes, ma' lady.''

I scoff at him, trying not to laugh, as he goes into the kitchen. ''Don't drop any water!'' Reagen yells back through to him and I can imagine him rolling his eyes or laughing to himself.

With the four of us together, we put the water bowls next to the wall under the window, next to the dining table, the food bowls next to them, empty until I fill them up - I don't want ants or bugs going after the food the puppies don't eat so I'm not gonna leave any food out for them - and the beds go in between the two couches. The leads are hanging up on the coat hanger and the brushes are away in the living room cupboard.

After we're done, I jump onto the sofa, yawning. ''Jeez, I am never going to a party again. I always come back wanting to sleep for the whole day after and regretting it.''

Brad sits down on the rug, playing with Nelson, who's yapping and wagging his tail, showing Brad his teeth. He's adorable.

Junior yelps and runs at the couch I'm laying on, ready to leap up, but as he jumps, Bumper grabs him mid-air and sticks him in the air, as if he's superman. I roll my eyes and Reagen laughs, smiling up at Bumper.

I recognize that look. I frown at her, an idea forming in my head. She couldn't...

''Hey, so as much as I'd love to stay longer, I actually have bucket loads of homework to do,'' Brad's voice snaps me back. I look at him, Nelson in his arms. I shrug, getting to my feet to let him out.

''Okay. You know where my house is. I'm actually not sure if I've done my homework or not...'' I ponder and then shrug. I'll check in a minute. Brad hands me Nelson, who licks my cheek and then curls into a ball in my arms and I look down at him, smiling. Suddenly I hear a click and I look up, surprised. ''Hey! No pictures!''

Laughing, Brad slips out of the front door and hops down to his car before I'm even out of the door. ''I'll send you it later! Thanks again,''

''Thank you, actually,'' I smile at him and wave as he drives off. Rolling my eyes, I shut the door and go into the kitchen, to put the bowls in the dishwasher, to be put on later.