Chapter Thirty One~ "Temporarily Borrowing"-

Emily's P.O.V.

My heart was pounding against my chest, so hard i thought it might burst. The urge to vomit from my nerves took over and i found myself shaking in fear. What was going to happen to me?! Who took me!? Why would they save me...but then lock me in a room?! 

Glancing around, i decided to try to see if i could gather any information based on the room. The walls were a golden yellow, almost bronze. The comforter from the bed was a bright orange while the sheets were a chocolate brown. It didn't seem like a guys room, but then again, there was nothing exceptionally girlie that would lead me to believe it was a girls room. 

As quietly as i could i crept across the hard wood floor and slowly pulled open one of the drawers, hoping i wasn't loud and that no one heard me. After waiting a moment and hearing no footsteps, i glanced into the drawer. To my surprise, it was empty, as well as the closet, leaving me no indication of whom this room might belong to. 

My head snapped up when i head the floorboards creaking as someone walked closer to the room. With wide eyes, i rushed as silently and as quickly as i could back into the bed. I just slipped under the covers and shut my eyes as i heard the jiggling of a lock and the door click open. 

The sound of footsteps loomed closer and i cringed slightly, until the footsteps were right next to me. It was one of the hardest things i've ever had to do, to not move, to not flinch away, and to not scream out as fingers brushed across my cheek. 

A whimper escaped my lips and i mentally chastised myself as i realized i had just blown my cover. 

I heard a soft chuckle, before an voice called out, "Emily, i know you're awake." 

My heart stop. Dead filled my body. My breath hitched. It was like someone flipped a switch, if i wasn't already terrified before then i was now. 

I knew that voice, of course i did, he helped to make my life hell. 

And so, knowing now where i was and who had taken me, i forced my eyes open to come face-to-face with Blake. 

His eyes were meant to be brown, but had been overcome by darkness and seemed to be black. His hair a seemingly perfect mess across his head. A small smirk fit upon his thick pink lips. I couldn't decide how he was looking at me, i had never seen him look at any without a sneer or threat leaving his lips. 

Very cautiously, i sat up in the bed, leaning my body as far as i could away from his. He didn't loom closer, keeping his distance, for which i was grateful for. 

Hiding the fear in my eyes, i gulped down the lump in my throat and forced out a bitter, "What the hell is going on?" 

For a minute he said nothing, but after watching me curiously, he started his tale offhandedly. "My parents are out of town for a while.. business trip. I was in the city earlier today and i was on my way to the bus when i saw someone in an alley." He shrugged, "Not that that isn't common, i mean, there's tons of homeless people around that area, but they seemed familiar. So i walked over and i recognized you. It was storming.. and you looked like you were probably going to die and so i dragged you back here." 

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. He helped me? Why would he ever consider saving me? He hates me. Abuses me. 

Licking my dry lips, i looked up at him questioningly, "Why would you help me?" 

There was a slight look of disgust that came over his face at my words, "Think of it as my way of making sure that i don't lose my toy." 

A shudder ran down my spine, the hope i had for him, fading slightly, not that i didn't believe there was a part of him that really truly helped me, because i do. I pursed my lips, but i said nothing about it, i didn't ask him questions about it, and i didn't press the matter.