Chapter fifteen~ What is this, an interrogation?!

Emily's P.O.V.

The next morning, i woke up feeling extremely gross. My skin was clammy, my mose was stuffed, my throat dry as a bone. I groaned as i sat up, glancing at the clock; 6:53. I pushed the covers off of me and dragged myself to the bathroom. Too tired and weak to take a shower, i washed my face, trying to get rid of the sticky feel. Afterwards, i brushed my teeth thoroughly, and chugged down a water bottle, trying to stop the dry burning feeling in the back off my throat, though it didn't cease. I changed into sweats and a sports bra, but i kept on Harry's sweatshirt.

After finishing up with all of that, i looked back over to the clock; 7:02. Sighing, i walked into the kitchen, already knowing i wouldn't fall back asleep. I was suprised to find someone already in there.

"Louis?" I asked, my voice cracking.

He turned around from the stove to look over and smile at me.

"Hey babe." He greeted me, "How are you feeling? Any better?"

I shook my head and shivered, "Worse."

He raised an eyebrow, "Maybe we just have to give the medicine a few days to get in your system."

I nodded, "Okay."

"Hungry?" He asked.

I sighed.

He narrowed his eyes, "Emily?"

"Yes?"

"Are you hungry?" He asked again, but more agressive and pushier.

"Not really." I told him.

He sighed, "How about a chocolate chip pancake?"

I didn't respond, knowing i had to eat it anyways.

I sat down at the counter and leaned against it, keeping my hot head on the cool table top, nearly feeling the sizzle from the temperature difference. 

Louis frowned at me worriedly as he set down a plate in front of me with the pancake on it.

I smiled when i saw that the chocolate chips were not only on the inside, but that he'd arranged some on the top to make a smiley face.

"Thanks Lou." I told him.

"No problem babe." He said, kissing my forehead.

Immediately, his eyes widened and he gave me a very worried look.

"What? What's wrong?" I asked him nervously.

"You're way hotter than yesterday which is saying a lot. I'm suprised you're even on your feet right now." He told me, looking around for something.

After a moment of looking, he gave up, and pulled out his phone. He dialed a number and waited a moment.

I leaned in to listen to the one sided conversation.

"Hi Liam, it's Lou, sorry i know it's a bit early... oh you were already up? Okay. Well, Emily's burning up and i dont know where the thermometer is... is it okay if i borrow yours? ... I know, I know, i'll get a new one later... okay! Thanks Liam!"

He hung up and turned to me. "After you finish that, i'm taking your temperature." 

I sighed and muttered to myself, "Fine, but it better not be an ass thermometer."

Thankfully, Louis didn't hear me.

I stuffed the pancake into my mouth, trying to get it over with. Just as i was finished, there was a knock on the door. Louis ran over to answer it.