Chapter 13...

Thank you to @llovelyAries for the beautiful cover!!! <3 <3 <3 <3 

I need a good song for this chapter so if you know any that fights comment them! 

Enjoy! <3

Ethan's POV

I call her sweet-cheeks while she calls me 'daddy'.

Those words kept playing through my head like a stupid mantra. For some reason I couldn't get it out of my head. Just the thought of having Carter call a guy 'daddy' or even be with a guy was weird. Carter was Carter. The little girl with crooked teeth that followed Luke and I everywhere we went. The girl who was my best friends sister and who I thought of as the same.

Sure it bugged me that guy said that but I knew he was joking from the way he sent Car a wink afterwards. That wasn't the part that was really eating me alive. It was the fact that she seemed to know Gage Harper. While he didn't say anything, his friend did most of the talking, I noticed how his eyes stayed on Carter. She didn't seem to notice that but I sure as hell did.

Seeing his interest in Carter made something stir in my stomach and it wasn't a good feeling. Gage Harper was not the person I wanted around Carter. I knew about him aside from the common knowledge of his many 'girlfriends'. So the seeing him there at the diner staring at Carter made me want to do everything to keep her away from him.

"Hey man are you okay?" Luke asked glancing over at me before turning back to the video game he was playing.

"Do you think we need to worry about Carter hanging out with Gage Harper and his friend?" I asked. I set my phone in my lap as I looked at the tv watching Luke's character kill people.

"Well she said she would stay away from him and she has always kept her word." He shrugged not seeming too concerned. Maybe I was taking it too far, if Luke wasn't concerned about his sister getting close to the known 'bad boy' of school than maybe I shouldn't be.

"I guess you are right." I mumbled. He was right about her keeping her word.

"I know my sister. She can take care of herself." I nodded but the voice in the back of my mind kept whispering that I had to keep Carter to myself. At that I froze. Keep Car for myself? Where the hell did that come from? I've never thought about Carter as my own but for some odd reason I didn't reject that idea. It was like a new thing had been found inside of me that was hidden.

The bing of my cellphone jerked me out of my thoughts. A familiar name flashed across my screen making me grin. The whole thing with Carter pushed to the back of my head as I replied to the text.

I'll be right there.

*****

Carter's POV

The entire class I kept my head ducked not wanting to make eye contact with anyone. Knowing that everyone could see my black bra made it seem like everyone was staring at me, which they weren't but it didn't help the feeling. I tried to listening to everything the professor was talking about but every so often I could hear Gage beside me snickering; I just knew it was at me.

When the bell did finally ring I was up and out of my seat in an instant. The sooner I got out of here and headed to change my shirt the better. I did not need anymore people seeing my see through shirt, I mean it could be worse with me not wearing a bra but still.

Making my way to the end of the aisle I was stopped by a pair of long legs. Looking up I sent a glare at Gage who sat in his seat with his arms crossed over his chest. He looked up at me with those dark brown eyes clearly proud of himself.