Chapter 39...

IF YOU DID NOT READ THE NEW ENDING FOR LAST CHAPTER YOU BETTER GO BACK NOW AND DO SO! IF NOT THIS CHAPTER WILL NOT MAKE SENSE TO YOU. THERE IS A MARKING WHERE THE NEW ENDING IS (IT IS RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE FOOTBALL SCENE)

Semi-edited.

Song above is...Force Of Nature by Be a Miller. It fits this chapter perfectly!!

Love this cover sent to me! Let me know who you are so I can dedicate this chapter to you :) <3

Happy Reading!!

The rest of the night was awkward and tense. When I came back inside I had found Gage sitting beside his grandmother on the whole other side of the table. The only empty seat was beside Macey on the opposite side. I tried not to let it show how hurt I felt with him far away from me and clearly ignoring me.

Thankfully though no one thought anything different between us. Everyone talked like normal as we ate our desert. I did try to engage in conversation but my head was a mess. I just kept replying what Gage was saying to me outside. I was so confused as to why he suddenly got so angry at me. I kept telling myself to let him cool of a bit and things will be back to normal.

It wasn't long after we finished eating did Gage stand up and announce they were leaving. My head snapped in his direction and I watched Rose even look at him in surprise. It was nearing 6 o'clock but it wasn't that late for them to be leaving.

"Thank you Mr. and Mrs. Miller for having my grandmother and I. The food was amazing." Gage said politely. To others he probably seemed normal and even nice but I knew him. I knew that he was putting on an act

"Leaving so soon?" My mom asked standing up looking between Gage and his grandmother. I watched as Rose looked at her grandson for a minute before she stood up and sent my mother a small smile.

"Sadly I have to go home and feed my cat, when she is home all day alone she gets so grumpy." She laughed. "Thank you for inviting us. Most fun I have had in years." As Rose moved around the table to say goodbye to my mom I stood up. I had no clue what was going on. While they both said goodbyes to my family I stood there still.

"I-I'll show you guys out." I said quietly as they finished with their goodbyes. Ignoring my mothers questioning look I turned and lead Rose and Gage to the front door. Gage stayed a good ways behind me as his grandmother walked beside me. From the corner of my eye I could see her sending me looks.

Opening the front door I turned to Rose.

"Thank you for coming. I hope you had a good time." My voice sounded weird to my own ears.

"Thank you for inviting us dear." Rose pulled me into a tight hug.

"I'll talk to him don't worry." She whispered in my ear surprisingly me. Not knowing what to say I nodded as she pulled away. Sending me an encouraging smile she walked out the front door, leaving Gage and I standing there.

"Gage I-" I started to say but he cut me off.

"Don't Carter." The way he said my name made me stop. It was very rare he ever called me by my real name. "Just...just don't." Not even glancing at me he brushed past me and out the door.

I watched after him feeling my heart break. The fact that he didn't even look at me or let me talk hurt. I didn't do anything and yet he can't even look me in the eye! I bit down on my bottom lip as I felt tears forming. This was not how this day was suppose to be. It wasn't suppose to end in a screaming match between Gage and I or with him leaving without saying a word to me.

I stood there frozen as they backed out and drove away. It felt like the further away the car went the further Gage went out of my life. This was just a fight, nothing serious. Tonight Gage will call me apologizing and everything will go back to normal. It had to.