Chapter 19...

Semi-Edited. (Really late my time and I don't want to edit) 

Thank you @V9863K for the lovely cover above! Perfect for this chapter!

Song Above is Kiss Me Again by We Are The In Crowd. Not sure if it fits but oh well :) 

"I just can't believe he won!" Macey practically yelled as she got ready the next morning. I rolled my eyes but smiled. It was surprising, well to us at least.

Yesterday Gage had a fight, which Macey and I tagged along to, and he won. His competitor was this huge burly guy that resembled something like bear. The moment I saw him come into the ring I wanted to pull Gage right out of there. Dylan kept telling me Gage would do fine but how was I suppose to know that. Just a look at the guy he looked like he could squish Gage like a bug.

Although the guy was huge and apparently 'amazing' Gage had no problem taking the guy down. Of course he had to taunt the guy for a few minutes until he got tired of dodging the man's punches. Within minutes he was down on the ground, declaring Gage the winner. It shouldn't have been that much of a surprise that he won, but I just couldn't help to be. This definitely proved the point of 'never judge a book by its cover'.

Gage just walked out of the ring like nothing had happened and headed for his room to change. Everyone round us were either groaning or yelling, handing money to the person they bet on. Dylan acted like it was no big deal and lead us back to the room, not batting an eyelash at the guy laying in the middle of the ring groaning.

It was the next day, Saturday, and Macey was still talking about it. I think the reason she was so fascinated was because last time she didn't see much of the fight, trying to find me, and she didn't know Gage then either. It was very impressive I had to say.

Along with going to the fight with the two boys we ate dinner together which turned out to be a lot of fun. Macey got along great with Dylan and Gage and surprisingly Gage wasn't rude to me; something I did not expect. It was like a small shift happened between us the night of the party last week. I still wasn't sure if it was a good shift or not.

I was lost in thought as Macey went on about the fight. Lately my mind tended to do that, slip off into no man's land. I was busy not listening to Macey and she was too busy talking animately neither of us noticed the front door opening until two loud voices reached our ears. My head turned towards it to find Luke and Ethan striding through the door like they owned the place.

"How did you get in here?" Macey asked standing up and putting her hands on her hips, staring the two boys down. Of course neither cared.

"I have a key remember." Luke held up the key my parents gave him when we moved in. I almost forgot he had it honestly. Both boys ambled towards the couch and wasted no time in getting comfortable and making this their home. Because we had the same furniture that they did one person had to sit in the chair beside the couch that held three people. For a dorm room we actually had nice furniture that held more than two people.

"What are you two doing here?" I asked glancing over at Ethan in the chair and Luke on my other side.

"We had nothing to do so we decided to come hang out with you guys." Ethan replied.

"No hot dates on a Saturday?"

"Car it is noon." Luke pointed out.

"So you don't need to have a date at night time. Girls expect day dates to you know."

"Aww are you jealous? You want us to just hang out with you." Ethan said in a little baby voice.

"I am not jealous, just wondering." I shrugged. The thought of Ethan going out on some date did make my insides clench but I ignored the feeling. There was a moment of awkward silence but I quickly quenched it.