Chapter 42...

Semi-edited

BEWARE OF ALL THE IMAGES UP AHEAD!

Thank you @ icedcoffe for the amazing cover! I love it <3 <3

Song on the side is...Wanna Be That Song by Brett Elderege. For some reason I am obsessed with this song. It is country but AMAZING! 

Happy Reading!!

"Yes mom we are coming home tomorrow." I rolled my eyes as I talked to my mom on the phone. It was Tuesday, the second day of winter break, and my mom was already hounding me about coming home and staying for the entire break.

We had about two weeks until Christmas and another two weeks until classes started once again. My plan for the break was to sleep and not do anything homework related, I think everyone agreed on that part. The joy of college is not having to go back to school a week later than everyone else.

"Yes, I'll see if Gage is coming too." Beside me Macey laughed but quickly covered her mouth at my glare. "Okay I'll see you tomorrow. Love you too. Bye." Once I hung up I sighed.

"I think my mom loves Gage more than me."

"Don't let your dad know he will go crazy. Remember that one time when one of Luke's friends said your mom was hot in front of him." I chuckled at the memory. The poor kid shit his pants and never came back over.

"You going to your parents tomorrow right?" I asked reaching for the cookie dough in her hands.

"Yeah. Mom wants me to spend the break under her roof." She rolled her eyes. Aunt Kacey is just like my mom.

"The christmas party is Friday so you can come over and get ready at my house." It was tradition for Macey and I to get ready together. One of the reasons may be for her to do my makeup but we have been going to this thing since we were little. Every year it is a different theme and the charity changes as well. One of the things I hated was seeing the snobby rude kids that were either the same age as me or older by a bit. They always thought they were better than everyone which was the worst.

Luke of course was expected to go the most because he was going to take over the business. According to my father and grandfather he needed to meet and know these people as he will have to deal with them when the time comes.

I did feel bad for my brother. The pressure of taking over a business that is so well-known and big isn't an easy thing to do. I got lucky with getting out and not having to deal with all of that. Thankfully though my father has slowly introduced him to it and not once pushed him to take over. It was Luke's decision.

"Gage is going right?" Macey asked not even glancing at me as she watched the tv.

"Yeah he is. I think he is nervous about it but he won't say it." Men and their manliness.

"I would be to if I was going into that lions den for the first time." I rolled my eyes at her wording but couldn't help agreeing. For a first timer it was a little intimidating being around such people. People that are probably the richest people in New York in one place.

Over the years I've learned to ignore the stares of jealous women and judging looks. If you let their stares and looks get to you the night will just end up being torture. Both Macey and I have learned that the hard way.

"Just don't tell him that, he can figured it out on his own."

"Can you believe this year?" Macey asked after a few minutes of silence.

"What about it?" I glanced over at her.

"We just finished our first semester of college, both of us are in love with two amazing guys-guys that never thought we would be with, and that we haven't gained any college weight." I laughed at the last part.