Chapter 2

It's been three weeks since I've smelt my mates sent. For those whole three weeks, I've been going over his scent in my head, how it smelt, how it made my body feel light. I would get yelled at in class for being distracted and not paying attention. How could I, when I was so close to meeting my mate, and yet he slipped through my fingers.

I would dream about what he looked like, if he was tall, what color his hair and eyes were. Was he nice? Would he shower me in hugs and kisses like Nate and all the other mated males do? Throughout these three weeks, Crystal has been very concerned for me. I told her about what happened at the club and about my mate, but she fears that I will fill myself with false hope and get hurt.

She's probably right but I don't care. All I have wanted was my mate, and knowing that he was right there makes it hard for me to do things. Plus we have been seeing Rogues walking around our parameter and it's making my father worry. Not once, in all the years he has been Alpha have we had any Rogue attacks and he doesn't want to start now.

The whole pack has been instructed to stay inside the pack borders until things cool down, and it is starting to worry the other pack members.

I haven't heard anything from my wolf besides small whimpers and it is making me restless. I got off the couch that I was sitting on and went to the backyard of the pack house, walking towards the woods. I go a bit further before shifting. The thing about our wolves, is that when we shift, our clothes don't rip apart at the seems like some of the other packs. They stay on our human form when our wolves are on display, making shifting into them and back less awkward for us.

After shaking off my fur, I sit back and let my wolf take over. She starts running through the forest, expelling some pent up feelings that we had lately. She slows down once we reach the lake we last smelled our mate at, and lies down on the grass. She sniffs a bit, whimpers and then curls up into a ball, with her paws on our legs.

I've been told that my wolf is beautiful so many times by Crystal and my parents, and I have to agree with them. My wolfs fur is a nice, rich, dark brown and she is just slightly taller than a Beta wolf. The best thing about my wolf, is that when I shift, instead of my eyes being their natural grey, they turn into this midnight blue color.

I never knew why, until my mother told me that my grandmother and aunt are the same way. We stay near the lake for a bit longer, my wolf and I longing for the moment that we get to be like this with our mate. My wolf sighs a bit, before she gets up and laps at the water. After drinking some, she starts to jog back to the pack house, knowing my father would get angry if I stay out past my curfew.

 ~~~~~~

When I get back home, I shift into my human form and walk into the kitchen. The women of the pack are cooking dinner for us, and since I have nothing better to do, I decided to help out a bit. After dinner was ready, all of the pack members meet up in the giant dinning hall where they wait for my family to sit down. 

During dinner, I couldn't help but look at the empty seat next to me, where my future mate will be seated. I imagine him, joking around with a few of the pups in the pack, talking about Alpha stuff with my father, kissing my cheek or forehead every so often. A giant pain surfaces in my chest, remembering the fact that our mate had slipped through our fingers.

I go over that night at the club, wondering if I would have done things differently, then my mate could be here right now. What if I didn't stop to listen to my wolf? What if I didn't go to the bar our left it early to use the bathrooms? All of the possible scenarios go through my head, making me hate my actions of that night even more. 

Once I finish my meal, I stand up, excusing myself to my room to finish my homework. When I get up to my room, I change into my PJ's to be more comfy and bring my backpack over to my desk. I pull out my math book, getting ready to do some Calculus. 

An hour into my math homework and I have only been able to finish two out of the five pages. My thoughts have been on my mate. Where is he? Didn't he smell my sent too? Is he with another she-wolf? Just the thought of him with another women sends a jolt of pain towards my chest. After another ten minutes of trying to focus on my math homework, I soon give up and walk over to my window seat.

I open the window and sit down, looking up at the moon goddess. I start praying to her, asking her to bring my mate to me again, that this time I wont let him go. I let go of a sigh, looking at the trees surrounding this side of the pack house. I breathe in deeply, smelling pine-needles and oranges. I gasp, knowing that smell.

I look around outside, trying to catch a glimpse of my mate anywhere, but I can't see anything. I walk out into the hall to check to see if maybe he had walked by or something, but nobody was there. I ran back to the window, hoping that maybe he would walk out of the trees.

I stayed there for an extra five minutes, saddened by the fact that his sent had disappeared long ago. With dampened spirits, I close the window and walk over to my personal bathroom to brush my hair and teeth, and wash my face before bed.

I walk over to the light switch and close the lights before climbing into my bed. With one final thought about my mate, I go to sleep.