Chapter 9

April's P.O.V

I wake up the next day with a smile on my face, remembering everything that happened last night. I get out of bed and do my usual morning routine, brush my hair, my teeth, wash my face, and change out of my pyjamas. Once all of that is done, I walk over to Aiden's room and knock on the door. When I don't hear anything coming from his side of it, I open it slowly to find him still asleep in his bed.

I close his door and walk downstairs in the direction of the kitchen. I plan on making my mate some breakfast in bed. After making some waffles and bacon with some toast, pancakes and eggs on the side (just in case he doesn't like waffles), I put them all on a really big tray and walk back upstairs to his room. I open the door slowly, making sure to be careful not to spill anything on the tray, and walk over to Aiden.

I place the tray of food on the bedside table, with the cartons of milk next to it and turn towards my handsome mate. He has that fearful look on his face again and it makes me wonder what he is dreaming about. I put my hand in his hair and start playing with it, taking my time before I wake him up. His scrunched up face softens a bit at my touch, and then his eyes squeeze shut. Oh he's waking up!

After he sighs and looks around the room, his eyes land on me. "Good morning," I tell him. He sighs a bit, shuts his eyes for a moment, and then re-opens them.

"I should really invest in a lock for my door if you are going to keep waking me up this early all the time," he mumbles. I laugh at his comment, before turning around and grabbing the tray off of the bedside table.

"Really? Even if I bring you breakfast?" I ask him, showing him the various types of food he can choose from. His eyes widen a bit before he slowly sits up against the headboard.

"Huh, in that case, my door is always open."

I place the food on his lap, before I sit down in front of him with a smile on my face. He still hasn't touched his food yet and I sigh, "Aiden. Eat, now," I see him swallow and his hands shake a bit, "please?" I add as an after thought. 

He looks up at my eyes, almost as if he was checking to make sure I was genuine, before he digs in. He eats all of his food, and then drinks both cartons of milk to wash it down. With the amount of food he has been eating lately, he has been gaining some weight. Not enough to make him look overweight, but enough to finally make him look healthy.

"So, what are we doing today?" He asks after drinking his last milk carton.

"I don't have anything planned today, so whatever you feel like doing," I reply

"You mean to tell me that you, the woman who made sure I know the ins and outs of this entire place, the one who always had an activity planned, has nothing set up for today?" He says in a joking matter.

I laugh at his comment and then shake my head no. He puts the tray onto the table and then looks at me. "Then would you mind if I ask you to go on a walk with me?" 

I think my jaw just fell on the floor. It feels like it, because there is really cold air coming into my mouth. He chuckles at the look of shock that is written on my face, "what I can't ask my 'mate' out for walk?" He asks me, putting his hands up in air quotes at the word mate.

 I shake out of my shocked state, and nod my head. I get up off of the bed and walk out of the room so he could get ready. Once he is done, we walk out towards the woods.

~~~~

It's been a few minutes into our walk when I feel my wolf getting restless. Besides yesterday, it's been a while since I let her out. "Can we run for a bit?" I ask him.