Chapter 20

April's P.O.V

I wake up the next day feeling angry, and it only took me about two minutes to figure out that it wasn't my anger that I was feeling, but Aidens. I look to my side where Aiden was last, only to find him gone. I get out of my bed and walk out of my room, hearing shouting coming from downstairs. 

I walk downstairs and find Alpha Michael growling a bit at Aiden, who has his mother behind his back and is growling at Alpha Michael also. "Step away son, this is between your mother and I," growls out Alpha Michael. I see Aiden push his mother farther behind his back and feel his anger growing. 

"How many times do I have to tell you? You are not my father!" Yells Aiden. I notice how his mother is trying to calm him down, but it is not working. "I am your biological father and you will listen to me!" Yells Alpha Michael in return. 

I see Aiden about to lunge at Alpha Michael so I run over to them and wrap my arms around his waist. I feel Aiden and his wolf relax a little in my embrace, and I hug him tighter. He hugs me back and breathes in my sent, effectively calming him and his wolf down. 

"Marissa please, just talk to me, I'm begging you," says Alpha Michael towards Aidens mother. 

"Don't do it mom, he was a jerk to you remember? He hurt you, and I will not have him hurt you again," Aiden says. I smile into the hug at Aiden's protectiveness. He is going to make an amazing father to our pups one day.

It's quiet for a few minutes before we hear, "Aiden sweetheart, I will be okay. We will have a small talk, and if I truly do need you, I will call out to you. Besides, this talk between your father and I has been well over due," from his mother.

Aiden is about to retaliate, but I grab his face and kiss him. He gasps in shock before moaning in pleasure and then kissing me back. When I know he is distracted, I open my eyes and look over at his mother. I give her a wink, a signal to let her know that she can have that talk. She smiles gratefully at me, and then walks over to Alpha Michael, the both of them walking outside of the house for their talk.

I pull away from Aiden, leaving us both breathless. Once he figures out what I have done, he glares at me and then walks over to the living room. He sits down on the couch and doesn't say a word to me when I sit down next to him. I slowly go to grab his hand, and when I notice that he won't pull away from me, I grab it fully and then pull it over onto my lap. He put his bracelets back on. 

"Why did you do that? I specifically did not want my mother going off with that bastard and you let them. Why?" Aiden asks. His voice low and defeated.

"Why did you put your bracelets back on?" I ask instead of answering his question. I have always been a curious child and I guess that is not going to stop me now.

"April, don't avoid the question," Aiden says.

"Answer mine and then I will answer yours," I tell him in return.

He huffs and then replies with a 'fine'. "The truth is, I don't know. I guess I have always been comfortable having them on, that when they are off it just feels weird. I feel like I can be a normal person with them on. Well as normal as being a teenage werewolf can make you." I nod a bit, knowing now that it is kind of like a suit of armour.

"Just know that with me, you will always be normal. Your scars don't change the way I feel about you, okay?" I ask. He nods and then intertwines our fingers together.

"Now that I have answered your question, will you answer mine?" I nod my head again, and try to mentally prepare myself for it.

"Well, before we met, I have always been looking for my mate. I just wanted somebody to hold me, knowing that when he said that he loved me, he meant it. That we would have a forever. After my eighteenth birthday when I couldn't find you, I searched endlessly, hoping and praying that you would come soon. A year later and I was about to lose hope, but then you showed up and now I have what I have always wanted." I look up at to see if he was still paying attention. When I saw that he was, I continued on, "after hearing that your parents have been apart for nineteen years, well it did something to me. I was about to give up after a year of not having you, image nineteen? Since they were here in the same place again, it means that Fate is still trying to keep them together. You can't keep your mother away from happiness can you?" I ask him. 

He shakes his head as a no, and then leans his head on my shoulder. I turn my body and put one of my legs over both of his so that I am straddling him. I hug him to me and just sit there, listening to his heart beat. He moves his head so that his mouth is near my ear, "I'm so happy that I met you too. You have not idea how happy I am now that I am with you," he whispers, and then leans down to place a kiss on my mark. I shiver and then sigh once he does that, hugging him tighter and closer if possible. 

We stay like that for a little bit longer until we hear two voices come into the living room. We pull apart slightly and see both of his parents nod and then hug each other. Alpha Michael turns and walks to his room while his mother sits in a chair opposite of us. I get up and off of his lap and then grab his hand in mine again.

"So, what happened? Are you to buddy-buddy now?" Aiden bitterly asks. I nudge his side, silently telling him to watch his tone.

"Well we have agreed to try again, but I am going to make him work for it. He has broken my heart before, therefore he has to try and earn my respect and forgiveness," she replies. Aiden nods, looking satisfied, before he looks over at me.

"Mom, this is April, my mate. April this my mom," he says.

I get up and hold my hand out for a handshake, expecting one n return. What I didn't expect was for her to grab me in a hug.

"Yeah she's a hugger," Aiden says fondly of his mother.

"Thank you for making him happy April," whispers his mother, low enough that he can't hear what is being said. I tell her that he has made me happy also and we sit there for a little bit longer, just chatting and in Aidens case, catching up.

We go into the kitchen to eat supper and then separate into our separate rooms. Aiden walks back into mine after getting ready for bed and then we cuddle up to each other under the covers. We kiss each other slowly, savouring the feeling of being together and then go to bed.