Chapter 10

Aiden's P.O.V.

It's been a week since I let the monster, or should I say my wolf, out. At first I was a little scared because he wouldn't let me do anything, especially when he was walking closer to April- or the person that used to be April- and I thought he was going to hurt her.

When the brown wolf that was in April's spot licked my mouth, I felt so many tingles. Just like when April would grab my hand or touch me, they made me feel so good. We went on a run which was really exhilarating, and when we rested I was able to talk to April which was really relieving, because now I know she is not scared of me.

When we walked back to the giant house (or the pack house as April calls it), she showed me a whole bunch of books about werewolves. Now I understand how and why they were created. It took a while to understand though because the whole time April was explaining things to me, I just kept looking at her and imagining what it would be like to kiss her.

At first I didn't understand why I was so attracted to her in the beginning, but after reading about mates, it all makes sense- it's the bond, the one that ties us together for eternity.

That night I went to sleep with a smile on my face, well until the nightmares took hold of my dreams.

~~~ A month later~~~

The nightmares are getting worse now. I can't control them and that is terrifying me. The days I can handle because I am with April and she makes everything go away. We have been getting closer lately and I find myself always searching for contact- like holding her hand on my own instead of her grabbing it, slightly touching her arm when we watch movies or read more books- anything really, just so I could feel those pleasurable tingles again.

Plus, I find my desire to kiss her getting bigger and bigger each day. Right now we are walking around the forest in our wolf form. My wolf as been getting closer to her so that their furs can touch.

For protection and warmth Blaze tells me. I've let my wolf take over a few times now and the pain I felt the first time he showed up is gone.

"One day Aiden, you and I are going to be the Alpha and Luna of this pack. We will take over once the mating bond is complete and we hold the ceremony," April tells me. Actually she 'mind-linked' me.

"What do you mean we will become the 'Alpha' and 'Luna'. Plus how do you even finish the mating bond?" We never got that far in the books so I am just a little confused.

"The Alpha and Luna are the leaders of the pack. Right now it's my mother and father but since I have met you, we are able to take over. It's kind of like they are going into retirement. The mating bond consists of three steps. The first one is acceptance: both mates accept each other as their soul-mate and they seal it with a kiss. The second step is the marking: Both mates gently bite each other on the neck right over here," she presses her nose on the place where we bite each other, " and it leaves a mark. It's usually the person who bit you's initials and a design. The design is different for everybody. The last step is the mating: it's where both partners make love to each other, and they have to gently bite the mark again to leave their scents. It's almost like marking your territory."

Wow. That's a lot of information. So technically it's kiss-bite-then have sex.

"No offence, but that is some kinky shit April."

Her wolf bumps my shoulder playfully, "Contrary to you're thoughts on the subject, I actually think it is romantic, especially since the mates are in love."

In love? Will that happen with April and I?

It's already happening, Blaze tells me.

How? I mean I know that I've wanted to kiss her, and okay, maybe I have fantasized about having sex with her, but that doesn't mean that I am falling in love. Does it?