Epilogue

Aiden's P.O.V.

*8 years later*

Everything is perfect. 

I have married my soulmate and completed the mating process. 

Not only that but now we are expecting a baby boy any minute now. I can't believe that I am going to be a father in just a few days.

The pack is great, they are getting along nicely, and believe it or not, but ever since we combined the two packs, new mates have met each other. 

Plus guess what? April and I's pack is now the strongest one in North America which is pretty damn good if you ask me. 

April and I are still as in love with each other as we were when we were nineteen. 

I am currently in my office going over some of the new treaties that some packs want to create with us when one of our pack members ran into my office looking frantic.

"Alpha! We have a problem," they say.

"Well what is it?" I demand 

"The Luna has gone into labour," they say.

What? That's impossible! She is still not due for another three days! I stand up and run towards the pack infirmary. Once I get there, I see April on a bed, gasping and panting. 

I run up to her and grab her hand. "Oh Aiden, thank goddess you're here," she gasps out.

"I'm here, everything is going to be okay," I tell her, trying to keep myself calm.

The doctor walks in and checks to see if she is ready. Thank the Moon Goddess that the doctor from my dads pack was a girl or else I would have torn off the doctors head. No one gets to look at that part of my mate besides me!

"Alright looks like you're ready to start pushing," says the doctor enthusiastically. 

"April? Remember when I said that I was ready to become a father?" I ask her. She nods her head and then looks over at me. "Yeah, I lied. I am so not ready right now!" I yell out in panic.

She laughs a little bit and then grabs my hand. She kisses it gently and then looks at me, "don't stress out, you are going to be an amazing father," she tells me.

"Okay April, it's time. Push!" Says the doctor. Panic automatically engulfs me and I squeeze Aprils hand a bit.

"No! Don't push! Keep that sucker in for a few more days, I'm not ready!" I yell out.

Both of the women laugh at me, and then much to my dismay, April begins pushing.

 The more she pushes, the less feeling I have in my hand. "One more push April. Come on you can do it," encourages the doctor.

April gives out a loud shout while pushing one more time. Mixed into her shout, is my newborn baby boy crying. 

I remove my gaze from April and set it on my wrinkly boy. I'm about to go and grab my baby, when the doctor hands it off to a female nurse, who then walks out of the room with him.

"Hey, where is she going with pup?" I ask frantically.

"It's okay Alpha, she will bring him right back. She just went to go and clean him up," the doctor reassures me. I nod my head and walk back over to April, she looks exhausted. I gently kiss her head and then her lips.

"You were amazing," I tell her. "I love you so much."

"I love you too," she whispers back.

"Alpha? Luna? Would you like to meet your baby boy?" The doctor asks. We nod our heads and she slowly walks over to us, gently placing our baby in Aprils arms.

"Do you know what you are going to call him?" The doctor asks.

"Christopher Anderson Summers," says April. To be honest, we only came up with the name last night. The doctor nods, and tells us that she is going to finish off his birth certificate. I look down at my baby boy and find him asleep. I grab his tiny and in my giant one, and look him over. He has a few features that resemble April, but other than that he is all me.

"Hey Christopher, it's daddy," I say in a whisper. "I'm going to love and protect you and your mother with I have okay? And I promise that I will never leave you," I say. I bend down to press a light kiss against his forehead. "Or you," I whisper to April, and kiss her lips.

Now I know I'm happy. I have my mother and father here with me, I am now the proud father of a baby boy (and hopefully to plenty of other my future pups), and I have my beautiful mate right in front of me.

She took away the pain and darkness, and filled it with love and light. 

I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with this wonderful woman and expand my family.