8. Taking Away The Thoughts

A/N "You always compared yourself from the girls sitting a few feet away from you. You always compared yourself from the girls at the party, wishing you were just like them. You always compared yourself, to someone else. But you know what? I don't care about the other girls. I care about you. And I hope you know that."

DREW THOMSON

"You want me to keep her here?" I ask in the doorway.

Nicole shoves me aside, bringing in Clarity, and the other girl I was just introduced to, Kyleen.

Kyleen gives me a shy look as I inspect her.

"Why can't it be Ryder?" I ask.

Nicole rolls her eyes, "Because Drew, he has more priorities than you. More classes, a girlfriend, an apartment to keep clean.. And soon enough, Clarity is going to move in with him. He can't have all the burdens on his shoulders."

"Wait, he got an apartment? I never heard of this.." I trail off.

"Hey, Claws tells me everything. Not my fault Ryder's been too busy to call," she raises a finger, as if it prove a point, "Which proves my point. He can't be around as much as needed with everything going on around him. So, I figured you would do this for me," she gives me pleading eyes, "Please.."

I look at her, "Under one condition."

She shrugs, "What is it?"

"You stay with me while she's here," I declare.

Nicole's eyes widen, "What?! Why?"

"Just in case I need to go out, I can count on you without having to wait another second." I claim.

She looks over her choices, "Alright.. I guess.. Um, I should go pack my things, and some of Kyleen's."

Nicole starts to walk by, before I grab her hand, pulling her towards me, "Looking forward to it, Kitten," I wink.

She glares, before snatching her hand away from mine, and grabbing Kyleen.

"Hey, Claws, stay here with him." Nicole demands.

"What? Why?" She questions.

"Just do it, Clarity." Nicole says one last time, before walking out the door.

I shrug my shoulders, before heading towards the kitchen. I feel Clarity hot on my trails as I grab a bottle of water from the fridge.

"Water?" I ask, raising a brow.

She nods, "Yeah, that would be nice. Thank you," she says with a smile.

I hand her the bottle, and take a sip of my own. Clarity gives me a curious look, before finally drinking hers.

"Why are you staring at me like I'm the most mysterious criminal in the entire United States?" I ask.

Clarity narrows her eyes, "I'm just thinking, thank you very much."

"About what?"

"About why you would want Nicole to stay. I mean, it's not like she's very far. She's only one campus away. Which is only like.. A fifteen minute walk, maybe." She says.

I'll admit, the main reason why I'm making her stay with me, is because I enjoy her company. And, she also takes away my insane thoughts from my head, and I'm not left with my insomniac thoughts keeping me up at night all the damn time.

But, I would never tell her, nor Clarity that.

I roll my eyes, "What if I don't have fifteen minutes?"