31. Missing You

A/N "I already miss you. And you're right next to me."

DREW THOMSON

It's Christmas Eve, and for the past two days, Nicole has barely said a single word to me. I've tried, and I've tried. But she just won't talk to me unless she absolutely has to. She would always make an excuse that she needed to shower, go shopping, take a phone call, even feed her neighbor's cat. I later on learned that her neighbor doesn't even have a cat.

Nicole barely even spares me a glance anymore, and I just wished she would talk to me again. I don't want her to move out of my dorm. I want her with me. I love her. I'm in love with her. But I know that I really screwed it up this time. We have to share the same bed, and it does get quite awkward when we don't even talk to each other anymore. The silence she's giving me is killing me to the core, and I just want it to stop.

Nicole appears from the hallway as I'm grabbing her some coffee from the coffee pot, "Good morning, Kitten."

She gives me a blank look, before quickly looking away, "Morning."

My heart cracks as I hear the monotone expression in her normally soft and loving voice. I look at her appearance and sigh to myself quietly. She even looks beautiful when she's not trying. Her tank top hugs the top part of her body perfectly, and the short, black shorts tightly hugs her ass. Sorry for being blunt, but I'm a guy. And she is fucking beautiful and perfect in my eyes. I just wish she knew that. I just wish she saw just how much I'm in love with her. I never even thought I would fall in love with her, but I did. And I wouldn't take it back, even if I could. But all I know is that I really, truly fucked up this time. And that's the one thing that I wish I could take back.

"It's Christmas Eve," I hear her angelic voice, "And I want to at least try to get along.."

I look at her and my whole body starts to visibly shake, "A-Alright. Yeah," I nod my head, agreeing with her.

She stares at me, "I can't stay, though."

I know what she was referring to. My dorm room.

I look down, "I understand."

It hurt to hear her voice. It hurt to hear that she can't stay with me. I understood that she needed space, but it just hurt hearing her say it. As if confirming it. I was just hoping it was a dream, but unfortunately, it wasn't. I want her in my arms. I want to kiss her again. I want her to kiss me back. I want to feel her arms wrapped around my neck as I stare into her lovely eyes. I want everything back. I want my Kitten back.

"I miss you," I say, looking her in the eyes.

She stares back, "I miss you, too."

My heart clenches, and my eyes glaze over in water. I blink them back, looking away from her as I hear footsteps decending from the hallway.

"Good morning," Holly greets, smiling charmingly, "Merry Christmas Eve!" She exclaims.

Nicole looks at her mother, "Morning mother," she kisses her cheek, "You seem excited."

"Of course I am! It's Christmas eve, you weirdos," she stares in disbelief.

I chuckle, "You're such a kid, Mrs. Gold," I formally say.

Holly rolls her dark eyes, "Shut up, Drew. I already told you to call me Holly."

I smile, "Yes, ma'am," I salute two fingers towards her, and she laughs.

Nicole softly smiles at me, and I smile back.

I love you.

***

It's Christmas day.

And all day yesterday, Nicole was barely even around. I missed her. I still miss her. Even with her just being right next to me, I still miss her. Because I know that I somewhat lost her.

Nicole clutches her hot chocolate around her cold fingers, watching as her mother opens her gifts. I told everyone to open my gifts last, and they didn't complain or object.

Holly pulls out a teal sweater, and squeaks in surprise, "I love it, baby!" She tells Nicole, and she smiles.

"Alright, time for Drew's presents," Holly smiles, cuddling into her husband.

I smile charmingly at the two, before handing them their presents. Except for Nicole. I was saving hers for the very last. I haven't opened my present from Nicole yet, because I was waiting until before I gave her, hers.

Holly smiles, ripping open the packaging. Inside the small box was a set of her favorite type of perfume.

"Ah! How did you know?" She smiles like a child, staring at the small box.

"You have an amazing daughter that knows you so well," I smile.

Nicole catches my eye for a second, and she softly smiles.

Anthony opens up his own box, and inside it is cologne, along with Pittsburgh Steelers merchandise.

He smiles, "Thank you, son."

I smile back, "Of course."

I pull out a smaller box for Nicole, and she nervously stares at it.

"Nicole," I start, staring into her lovely eyes, "I have never been one to express my feelings, so you can obviously see that I'm probably sweating through my shirt.. Anyways, this Christmas, I wanted you to never forget it. I wanted you to be in my arms for the holidays. But you weren't. And that's all my fault. I said hurtful things, when I should have just told you what I was thinking about. And, truth is, I was thinking about you. I was thinking about how you could find someone better than me. I was thinking about why you ever chose me. I was thinking about how terrible of a person I am. How terrible of a boyfriend I am. I have never been in love, and it's just extremely hard for me to express these new, strong feelings. So, Nicole, I love you. I am in love with you. And I always will be. So, here is your present. Merry Christmas, my Kitten, and my love," I smile at her, and her eyes tear up.

She takes the small box from my hand, and gasps, covering her mouth with one of her hands. She takes out the small necklace, and her eyes well up as tears start to fall from her eyes, and onto her cheeks. She sighs, and then looks at me, staring at me with love in her eyes.

"I love you so much," she whispers, before kissing me.

I pull away, resting my forehead on her own, "I love you so much, too."

She kisses me again, and I hear an 'Awww' from the background.

I look over at Holly, and she sheepishly smiles, shrugging her shoulders.

"I just thought it would be a right time."

Nicole laughs, and I kiss her cheek, pulling her to me by her waist. I'm so deeply in love with her. I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with her.

***

Nicole cuddles closer in the bed, "I'm sorry for ignoring you for the past couple of days.. I was just so hurt."

I look down at her, "You don't have to be sorry. I'm the one that should be. I love you, Nicole. You're my everything. My best friend, my lover, my world. I couldn't live without you."

Nicole smiles, wrapping her arms around my waist, "I love you, too. I'm glad I met you."

"I'm even happier I met you."

A/N

Hello Kittens! I'm so sorry for the late updates and all, I've just been going through quite a lot. Hope you all understand.

Thank you all for the support, it means so much to me. <3

I love you all so very much.

xx

Don't be a silent reader.