Chapter 9

I don't really have anything to say.. So here it goes..

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anthony's POV

I listened to his deep voice as he spoke into the phone.

"Are you off of work?" I interrupted him.

There was a short pause. "Yeah." He replied.

"Do you think we can see each other now?" I asked him. I nervously fidgeted with the draw strings on my hoodie.

"Of couse." I could see the smile stretch across his face. Even though he wasn't in front of me. 

It was so odd seeing Conner that first time at the coffee shop. He looked strikingly similar to my dreams. I decided to call him later on the next day. I still haven't heard from Andrew, I was getting worried, but I'm sure whatever it is that he is doing he wouldn't want me to know.

The sort of lies and deceit I'm doing right now are not normal for our relationship. So then why am I doing them? I was confused myself.

I hung up the phone after he said goodbye. He said he would text me an address where we could meet up. I hopped off the bed and started getting ready.

When I got the text from Conner I walked out the door and followed his directions. It wasn't that far from my house, just a few short miles down the beach.

I pulled up to the place and my first initial reaction was shocked. This looks like nothing that I would have expected. I stared up at the giant beautiful thing in front of me.

I didn't realize he was behind me, so when he spoke I jumped ten feet into the air. Figuratively of course.

"Beautiful isn't it?" He asked, staring up at the scene in front of us.

"Really." I replied, not taking my eyes off of it. "So what are we doing here?" I cleared my throat after a long pause.

"We are going to jump off that." He smiled, when he looked down at my face, he laughed.

My jaw practically fell to the floor at his response.

"What?!" My voice cracked.

"I feel like being dangerous today." He said with a mischievous smile.

"If you feel like jumping your life away go for it. I will stay right here and watch."

I folded my arms across my chest, he looked down at me and smiled.

"Okay." He walked in front of me and stripped off his shirt. "Suit yourself." He turned around and winked at me. My eyes trailed their way down his body. When the sun hit his skin it shimmered so bright and so glorious I couldn't take my eyes away. When they got the the trim of his shorts, my eyes stopped. That was as far as I was going.

I looked away to the ocean that wasn't that far away. I could hear the distant sound of waves crashing against the shore. So calming. When I heard the splash I my head whipped back to the scene in front of me.

Conner surfaced from the water with a huge grin on his face and he was laughing.

"Live a little Anthony." He begged from the water.

"I did live. Have you not realized I'm several years older than you." I joked.

Conner had just turned 20 last month, and I felt like I was well ahead of him at the age of 28. It felt weird talking to someone that was younger than me, other than my students I don't really talk to younger people.