Chapter two

Damn! That was embarrassing. Talking to my idol, then making myself seem like a complete stalker. Oh, why did I have to mess that up? I know that first impressions mean everything, and I blew it! Why do the gods hate me?

    I kept throwing punches at the wall, cursing. I just couldn't believe myself. I never act that way. So why now? Ink started to run down my face in frustration. He's just a mouse, and other toons have come in here before. Why did I act so stupid? Maybe... Maybe because he was actually friendly..

    Sighing, I stood back, now staring at the dents in the wall. I began to walk mindlessly around the workshop, looking down in thought. That is, until I bumped into something. Startled me of what I collided with, too.

    "Oh... Hi, Boris. How are you today?" No answer. I never get one. "That's good. You're looking better." Silence. "I'm sorry Joey did this to you. I wish I stopped him.." He just looked ahead, lifeless. "Okay. Good talk. I'll check up on you, later, okay?.. Okay." I shuffled out of the room, heading to where I stayed. It may not seem like it, but I have a bedroom. You see, it's behind one of the doors. And... Well, I had something embarrassing.

    In the corner of the room was all the flyers I kept. Mostly Mickey. I just.. I couldn't help it. I went over, and held one of them to my chest.

    "The one time I meet you, and I mess it up," I mumbled. "You're... You're my idol. My savor.. My everything. And I go and make myself look like an idiot.." Ink started to flow from my eyes, acting as if they were tears.

    "What am I going to do? Just... Be stuck here for the rest of my life?" As always, I got no reply. But I know what I'd get. What are you talking about, life? Don't you get it? You can't die. I gritted my teeth. "Damnit!" I threw the paper aside.

    Why are you even here? You think it's to entertain? To be happy? Wrong. You're just some inky monster. You're stuck in this prison. You can never get out.

    "I know! I know I can't! But why must you hate me?!"

    Oh? Are you saying that someone loves you? What... That mouse?

    "..."

    Oh, so it is that mouse. Pity. I thought you could do better. Although, you are just a demon.. I guess I can't expect much out of you.

    "Stop it! He talked to me, didn't he? No one does that, and you know that. He... He at least might want me as a friend.."

    Sure, you keep telling yourself that. Just know that I'm right. That no matter what, you can't have anyone, because every time you do, they get hurt.

    "Shut up, shut up, shut up! That's not true! And I'll prove it. I'll fix up this place, make it where it's spotless. I'll make it where he'll love it here, and maybe he'll visit more often. I'll take the boards down from the door, so it's easier. You'll see! I'll prove you wrong!"

    And that's exactly what I did. I made that place spotless, every crook and cranny. Every crevice that was present. I didn't care that I was fatigued. I just needed him in my life.

    It was nearly the next day when I finished. I spent hours of working; however, it was worth it. When I was finished, I stepped back and admired my work. Ink was dripping down me, but that was a minor thing. I sighed.

    "There. That should be good enough, minus the leaks here and there. But I'll get that on a later date. Now... I guess I wait."

    So I did that. Wait. It's all I could do, now. Wait and pray.

••••