Chapter fourteen

Golly, she's an Angel? Sure doesn't act like one. Even Minnie is more tolerable. Oh well, life goes on.

    "So.." I started. "There's a way to get out?" Alice nodded her head, still walking.

    "Two, actually. But I'm taking the route where I don't have to stick with you." She stopped. "However.."

    "However?" I repeated.

    "He can't help you." She pointed a finger to Bendy, who crossed his arms.

    "What do you mean?" I tilted my head.

    "I mean it involves you going directly  up, instead of a bunch of stairs. He can't touch you in the process." I nodded in understanding.

    "Alright, I get it. So how far is it from here? Better yet, what is it?"

    "Not that far, really. And it's basically a hidden trap door that's connected directly to the first floor." She shrugged.

    "What'll happen is that you'll climb up t' it, but Bendy here can't touch ya," Boris added.

    This is so much.. too much. But, I still nodded. I couldn't believe it. I was so close to going home.

    "Although.." Bendy began. "Since Miss Snob and Boris know so much, what exactly would happen if I helped?" Wait.. he doesn't know either? "I mean, I know not to because of who I am.. but the consequence?"

    Both Alice and Boris looked at each other, before the wolf kneeled down, whispering in the Devil's... Hearing. His expression was monotone, soon turning to shock. He mumbled a small 'oh.'

    "Uh.. right. Let's continue," Bendy muttered, taking my hand and walking. I saw Alice grimace, but I didn't care. I moved my hand around to interlock our fingers, my lips forming a smile. For once, I'm glad Disney isn't here.. he'd be ashamed.

    "You don't even know the way, dummy!" Alice yelled, moving to the front of us. "Quit letting your ego take over, and stop leading. You're not in the spotlight, anymore." Bendy seemed offended by that.

    "Um, hey, let's not start anything right now," I smiled a little, nervous.

    "I reckon ya listen to 'em. We don' wanna listen to yer bickering right now," Boris threw in. The others sighed, but agreed. "Alright. Let's do this, Alice!" Once again, we went down the long, creepy hallways.

    Character Development hung over a wide doorway. I guess that's where we are. I started seeing more Bendy posters, and more recordings. Guess we're skipping those..

    "So tell me," I mustered up to say. "What's it like here?" Alice groaned.

    "Of course you would want to know, with you never experiencing the shadows. It's horrible, never seeing the outside world. But.. there's nothing we can do." She scoffed. "What's it like out there?" I sighed.

    "To be honest.. boring. There's nothing to do, and Disney's.. been gone for a while. If it weren't for Oswald, I'd end my popularity by myself." I shrugged. Bendy and Boris gave me confused faces. "Oh, right. Oswald is a rabbit, kinda like my brother in a way."

    "Oh, okay. Well.. we'd love to see it. You know, see how much it's changed," Bendy stated. I gave a big smile.

    "Maybe one day." He gave a sharp laugh.

    "I don't see that happening. We're sorta stuck here to.. you know.. ink it up."

••••