Chapter seven

This was weird. The names, the recordings.. All of it. I didn't understand a thing. I didn't like it here at all. And now that bendy ran off, I just wanted to get out of here as quickly as possible. But this... This... Game. Why was I in it? Turning on the projector, rushing down.. It didn't make sense to me. Sighing, without turning it on, I went back down, only to mentally slap myself when I saw that a path was open.

Of course. I must've lifted the doorway when I turned on the power. Oh, how stupid can I get? Shaking my head, I went that way, holding my arms in a worried way. I hated this.. All of this. I didn't understand any of these riddles. I just wanted to go home. I didn't care if I saw Bendy by now.

Sammy's office.. Surely, there's something useful in there. Maybe... I don't know. I stepped inside, and wasn't shocked to find the room wasn't that big. Just two desks, littered with paper. One however was of Bendy, displaying his emotions. Only... It was the same smile and wide eyes for each one.

That wasn't the Bendy I knew. He showed emotions just fine. So.. Why was this here? Either way, I found nothing useful. Nothing that could help me escape.

This place was crazy, that's for sure. All these cut-outs, pentagrams, candles, low lighting, recordings... These cans, saying it's just the way the little devil likes it.. Many shudders and shivers kept going up and down me.

Remember when I said I loved it here? Well, I take it back. I take it all back. I hate it. I hate this... Cursed place. This... Lair for a demon.

I found another recording, and I listened silently.

"So I go to get my dust pan from the hall closet the other day, and guess what? I can't find my stupid keys. Its like they disappeared into thin air, or somethin'." Well that's.. Odd. He definitely sounded upset.

"All I can think of is that they must've fallen into one of the garbage cans as I was making my rounds last week." Garbage can? That's a strange place to put keys.

"I just hope nobody tells Sammy. 'Cause if he finds out I lost my keys again, I'm outta here!" Well then.. I guess I was searching. Not like it really bothered me. It would set my mind onto something, instead of just wandering around. So, I went off to search.

In all honesty, it didn't help. It was too... Creepy. All these candles, and cut-outs; it was all weird. I couldn't just stand somewhere, for I always felt like I was being watched. Maybe it's just my imagination..

Finally, I found the metallic objects, right where the soundtrack said it would be. Well, not right where. I looked over, and saw that a recording had been placed next to a piano. There was also a voice recording station. Boy, all of this is down here? And the stairs I saw led down..

Anyhow, I pressed play.

"It may only be my second month working for Joey Drew, but I can already tell I'm going to love it here!" Hm.. That's a girl..

"People really seem to enjoy my Alice Angel voice. Sammy says she may be as popular as Bendy some day." Yeah.. He isn't. From what I can tell, anyway.

"These past few weeks, I have voiced everything from talking chairs to dancing chickens. But this is the first character I have really felt a connection with. Like.. She's a part of me." Well.. She isn't crazy, I'll give her that.

"Alice and I, we're going places."

"Huh.. A subtle hold. How nice. One of the most normal things I've heard today." I smiled. But, then it quickly turned to a frown. Only one sentence ran though my mind. One simple command that sent quivers down me.

Now I gotta see what else lies down here..

••••