Chapter three

Wait. Just wait. Wait for a new day, a new night, a new year, a new start. Wait for him. Wait for a chance. Even though I hated it, it was all I could do.

    Just as I was about to fall asleep, I heard someone walking around the workshop. I immediately sprung up, following the noise. They're heading to a hole.. I stayed behind, still listening. As the toon squeezed in, I sighed in relief.

    "Bendy? Where are you?" I heard Mickey say.

    "I'm right here," I called out. I saw him jump a little, and turn to me.

"Oh, hello," Mickey greeted, a big smile spread across his face. "I hope I'm not too early for you. I got bored." Bored? But he should have a lot of things to do.

"No, it's alright. You can come here whenever you like." I scoffed. "I, uh, cleaned it up in here so it would feel a little more spacious." I twiddled my fingers, looking down,

"Aw, you didn't have to do that! I already love it here." Damn..

"O-oh, well, I just... I'm sorry.." Ink welled up in the corners of my eyes. Why do I have to be such a crybaby? Aren't demons supposed to be strong willed?

"Well, there's nothing to be sorry for. Say, why don't you show me around so we can ease your mind, alright?" I nearly fainted. I didn't want him to see what was in this place. Not Boris, not the pedestals... Nothing. And especially that Ink Machine. But I had to; I didn't want him to leave.

    "Um, sure. Just follow me.." I began walking. I heard him following behind me, so I relaxed just a little. However, my anxiety shot back up when he was beside me, our arms just brushing against each other at every step we took, and our fingers grazing to the point where I wanted to throw up in excitement. But I knew it would be weird if I just jumped away, so I couldn't do anything.

    "So, what all is in here?" Mickey asked. I averted my eyes every which way.

    "Well, there's.. Desks, and a projector room, and maybe a few extra rooms here and there.."

    "Huh. Anything else?" I stopped in my tracks. He looked at me, almost... Is it concerned? No, maybe disappointed. "Bendy?"

    "There..." I sighed. "I'll show you but.. You have to promise you won't run away." I stared back.

    "I won't, I promise." That smile returned to his face. If I had a heart, it would be going crazy. Then I got an idea that may or may not backfire.

"A-and this is sort of a big place, so you might want to hold on to me.." Oh, he's gonna say no..

"Sure, I understand." He held out his hand. Slowly, I took it, then continued on. Ink started to sluggishly drip from me, making it where I could barely see. I wiped it away with my other hand, trying to calm my nerves. Thank the ink gods I stopped dripping.

I stopped at the end of a hallway, too scared to turn the corner. Boris's corner. Mickey turned to me.

    "What's wrong?" He questioned. I shook my head, and started taking small steps. And as soon as we turned that corner, I wanted to run away. Mickey just stared, jaw agape. I could tell he was sickened and scared. "Who would do this to a toon?" I looked down.

    "My creator did.." His eyes widened.

    "Oh, I'm so sorry.." I felt him squeeze my hand just the slightest bit. I shook my head.

    "It's fine. I just.. Miss him sometimes. It gets lonely here." He intertwined our fingers, making my emotions ecstatic. "R-right, I was showing you around.." I walked away from Boris's room, wanting to not see him for the rest of the day. The next one was the pedestal room. I could tell he was puzzled. "When people were still here, my creator believed that each worker had to give up one thing from their station to 'appease the gods'."

"Oh... Seems a little odd, doesn't it?" I nodded.

    "There's one more room that you need to stay calm for," I told him. Mickey smiled.

    "Of course." So off we went again, to the worst room there is.. To that Ink Machine. He already saw it, but I guess I better explain it.

    "So, this was used to create me. I don't know how my creator did it, especially since I've been trying to make new toons ever since Boris left me." Mickey went up to the machine, examining it.

    "That's a lot of ink," he muttered. I chuckled.

    "You need a lot of ink to make a toon."

"Makes sense."

The rest of the day was us walking around, me talking about every room there was. It was wonderful whenever his face lit with interest. However, every day comes to an end. So, I led him to the front door, stepping back.

"Hey, why don't you come with me?" He asked. I shook my head.

"I can't leave, Mickey," I said. He stepped towards me.

"Why not? Everyone would adore you." I sighed.

"I've been forgotten, Mickey. I can't leave this place." His eyes widened once again for the day.

"But.. How?" My devil tail drooped down.

"Some... Someone stole my spotlight... Y.. you.. stole my spotlight..." Silence.

"Bendy-" he stopped talking when a loud creak came from below his feet...