Epilogue

Three weeks have passed by. Three weeks, and I'm still upset. I haven't stepped outside. I'm too depressed to. I liked him, and he killed himself for me.. I wonder.. My phone started ringing. I ignored it. It was probably Oswald.

    A few minutes, later there was a knock on my door. I didn't get up. More knocks. I still didn't bother. I don't want anybody to see me like this.

    "Mick, open the door, no one's seen you in a while." So it is Oswald.

    "I don't want anyone to see me," I told him through the door.

    "Mickey, come on.." he tried opening the door. It was locked. "How about we go see your friends? Donald, Goofy.. Horace! You haven't seen him in forever." I shook my head violently, even though he couldn't see.

"I said no!" After a while, he sighed. I heard him walk off.

••

    A couple more days passed. A couple more days, and I was running out of food. Now I had to go out. And.. just as I was about to leave, a faint knock was on my door. But I tossed it aside, thinking it was my imagination. I grabbed a scarf, black and white, and heard the door again. I sighed. "Oswald, I don't w-" I opened the door and froze.

    I was trying to hard to wake up. Trying so hard to know it wasn't real. "Uh, hey! I'm-"

    "Bendy!" I hugged him. But.. he flinched, and just stood there. I backed off. "Bendy? How are you alive?"

    "Um.. do I know you?" ... my heart shattered. "Well, I'm a new toon around here. My friend Alice helped me come to life, and spread some news about me." He shrugged. "So I guess people know me, now."

    "Oh, um.. I could show you around," I offered. He shook his head.

    "Nah, I was wondering if you'd like to go to the Ice Cream shop with me, Mick." I froze again.

    "You.. you know my name?" He laughed a little.

"Why wouldn't I? Mickey Mouse. New toon in nineteen-twenty-eight. First episode shown in called Steamboat Willie. Best friends are known as Donald, Goofy, Daisy, Minnie, and a boyfriend named Bendy the Dancing Demon." He winked. A smile returned to my face.

"So you do remember!" I hugged him again. Thank goodness he hugged back.

"Of course I remember, I would never forget you."

    "Then why did you--"

    "I was joking. Mick, why would I forget the toon I fell in love with?" I felt him kiss the top of my head. It felt right. "Now come on, I want to try ice cream." I laughed a little and nodded. He held his hand out to me.

Of course I took it.

Thank you, Alice. Thank you for inking him up.

••••

It's over.

I want to thank those who stuck with this book to the very end, and voted for the chapters.