Chapter fifteen

How long has it been? Days? Weeks? Maybe hours? I'm not too sure. But.. soon, everything will be back to normal. Well.. as normal as it can get.

    Soon, he'll return to the land of the remembered, and I'll be stuck here.. I guess I can't complain as much. I know now that Boris is alive. Boris and... Her.

    I held Mickey's hand tighter, thinking of what I'll do when he's gone. He must've felt the change, for he held back just as firm. "How much farther?" I asked. Alice clicked her tongue.

    "If you'd stop whining, we'd be there sooner," she snapped. I huffed.

    "I wasn't whining, I was asking a question!" I yelled. She flipped me off. Rude.

Boris did a nervous chuckle, pushing us away from each other. I guess it was understandable. We all just kept walking. Walking, and walking. Endless hallways of a yellowish brown. Ink dripping down onto the wooden floor. What would happen if a fire started? Dust flew up my senses, making me sneeze.

"God bless you." I grimaced at Alice's words.

"You mean Satan bless you, prick." I mumbled the last word. She huffed.

"The door is just ahead. Come on, hurry up." She was right.

We came to a room with a high ceiling. And on the top.. a trap door. It seemed like it leads.. wait..

"This spot feels familiar," I declared.

"That's because it's right above where ya sleep," Boris said. I nodded, then shuddered. That's a little creepy.. Cobwebs were in the corners of the walls. I guess no one's touched here in a while. Realization hit me. Is that why there's some boards that look odd?

    "So.. how do we get up there?" Mickey asked. He has a point.

    "I dunno, that's for you to figure out," Alice replied. I rolled my eyes.

    "Dim as always," I muttered. She shot a glare at me.

    "Well, We could use those boards," Mick pointed to leftover wood in a corner. I nodded my head.

    "Yeah, that could work. C'mon, Boris, help me move them."

    So we did that. It took us a while, but we finished. Alice did the top boards, flying up.A ramp was now leading up to the door. The door that I never knew of. I guess.. when he's gone, I'll go back to my old ways. I'll be.. introverted. Alone. Stuck with a mocking machine. Maybe I'll forget words again. Who knows.

    "So.. I guess this is goodbye?" I heard Boris say.

    "You're not coming with us?" I asked, a little hurt. He shook his head.

    "I like it better down here. But ya can come down here any time ya like!" He smiled cheerfully. I smiled back, and quickly gave him another hug. After, I looked up at the.. 'ramp.'

    "Sure is a long way up.." I mumbled. Mickey nodded to my words.

    "Well.. now or never." He took a few steps on the first board, it creaking in agony at the weight. He winced a little at the sound. "Oh boy.. Can't Alice just fly us up?" Alice shook her head.

    "Too heavy, I can't pick you up." She looked at me. "Bendy.. don't- don't cause trouble." I laughed a little.

    "I think someone still sees me as a friend," I taunted. She snorted.

    "Just leave already." She crossed her arms. I laughed more, then turned to Mickey. He took a few more steps. The creaking never stopped.

    "I'll be right behind you," I assured. He nodded, now about five feet off the ground. I slowly made my way up to him. "Go on, we still have some ways to go." More like a long way.

    More and more up, more and more groans from the poorly constructed surface. "Ugh, get in front of me please," Mickey took a couple steps back. I complied, taking the lead. I looked up again. I really misjudged the height of this ceiling.

    Just as we were about to reach the little trap door, the wood started trembling. We had to hurry. I quickly opened the latch, pushing it open.. this caused me to also put more weight on the boards..

    Something snapped.

    We had to react fast. And it couldn't be a worse scenario.

    The door was open, but.. nothing was below me. I was loosely hanging on to the edge of the opening. And wouldn't you know who was holding on to my other hand..

    "Mick!" I yelled. "Hold on! I.. I can.." I was thinking hard. Thinking of what I could do. "I.. I can swing.. you.. up.." I swear my black turned to gray.

    "Are you crazy?! Who knows what'll happen to you!" He shouted back.

    "Me! I know what'll happen!" I was tearing up. "You can't live from a drop this high, I'm not letting you die!" I started moving a little. "You have fans to see, you have tomorrow to bring to people!" My mind was focused. "You.. you have people who love you, and a future ahead.."

    "Bendy, stop!" I didn't listen. Eventually, we were swinging up and down.

    "On.. on the count of three, let go!" I smiled weakly, trying not to cry. "Okay?" I whispered.

    "Bendy, please listen to me!" He held my hand tighter.

    "One."

    "Stop, what'll happen-!"

    "Two.." his grip loosened a little. He's still doing as I say..

    "Bendy!"

    "Three!" I swung him up as much as I could, and he grabbed the edge with both hands. He pulled himself up, then immediately directed his attention to me. But..

    Ink was taking over me. The substance was making it harder for me to hold on. But.. I let go.. I saw droplets of the black liquid fly off me, and I just smiled..

    How funny, yet ironic. I'm inking it up..

    The last thing I heard was a scream.

•The End•

      But it's not over yet.