Part 14

10 YEARS LATER

"Dammit give it back Joey!" Mikey yelled yet again as I heard his younger brother snicker. My babies were slowly growing up and for the most part I had brought them up by myself, Blaze saw them every weekend but we hadn't seen him for a month and the kids were missing him. He was supposed to be here to pick them up an hour ago, and my date was supposed to be picking me up in an hour which is why I was letting the kids argue I was trying to look presentable for this stupid date Ashleigh had set up.

The guy, Matt, was taking me somewhere really nice apparently so I had a dress on. It was black and showed off the great parts of my figure at 38 I wasn't doing to badly. The dress was backless and flowed down to the floor with a slit up the right side up to basically my underwear line, another present from Ashleigh.

I finally finished doing my hair and makeup and was ready to head out to the lounge room when AJ joined in.

"I'll tell mummy you idiots! STOP!"

I carry my shoes in my hand and grab my clutch and make my way out to my rowdy kids.

"Boys?" I knew they were terrified when I kept my voice calm.

They immediately let go of each other and took a step apart, "Mum." They both said back.

I lifted my right eyebrow, "Sorry." They both said to each other, Joey quickly handed Mikey his Xbox controller.

Once they finally straightened themselves out their eyes widened as I stepped forward to place my bag on the dining room table and bent to put my shoes on.

"Wholly shit mum!" Mikey yelled.

"Why are you dressed like that?" Joey yelled.

"You look like a princess mummy!" This came from Annabelle.

I again paused in putting my shoes on to survey my children, neither Mikey nor Joey looked happy but Annabelle seemed more excited about the dress more than anything. The boys were both taller than me at 16 and 14 and I think assumed that Blaze and I would eventually work things out. We weren't but they weren't old enough to understand yet.

"Mikey I've told you not to use words like that around your sister. I have a date Joey and thank you AJ, you don't think it's too much?" As I turn to Annabelle this leaves my back facing the door as I finally put my shoes on as I'm bent over zipping up my last shoe a piercing wolf whistle can be heard.

"DAD!" All 3 of our children shout as they launch themselves at him, even Mikey. I ignore the wolf whistle as I walk into the kitchen to pour myself a glass of water, Matt still had 10 minutes.

I felt Blaze's arms snake around my waist before I heard him, he pulled me tight against his chest and the feeling of his cut against my bare back has me wet instantly. I remained passive as he inhaled my scent and kissed my neck. Before he could go further there was a knock at the door. I pulled myself out of his arms and ignored his growl of annoyance. I had no interest in Matt but this was to get Ashleigh off my back and I had resigned myself to the fact that I was never going to be with Blaze again.

"Who are you?" Mikey sneered as he pulled himself up to his full height which unfortunately for Matt meant he was being looked down on by my 16 year old.

"I'm Matt is your mother ready?" To give him credit he didn't flinch under my son's glares usually they do, it's why I haven't been approached in 10 years.

"Well Mark, what are your intentions with my mum?" Jesus Mikey was going to turn out exactly like his father. I could feel the heat of Blaze at my back as I listened in at the door.