x CODY BELLINGER x

For Lupe!!!

-------------------------------

Tonight was my best friend's Major League debut. Cody and I have been so close ever since I can remember. We were always there for each other no matter what. Our biggest ways of showing support to each other was to attend each other's games. He would come to my basketball games and I would go to his baseball games. And I'm still doing it today. There was no doubt in my mind that he would make it this far. He was the best in high school by a mile. 

I can still remember the day he got drafted like it was yesterday. We were both sitting on his couch in his living room when he got the call. We were holding hands, both staring at the phone just watching the time go by until it happened. When it finally did happen, we were both so excited. Cody was so excited that he kissed me. That was surprisingly both of our first kisses, but none of that matters now as Cody has a beautiful girlfriend. She is so nice to him and me. He's always told me that when he gets a girlfriend that she has to be nice to me, or else he's going to break up with her. She is nothing by nice to me. She is literally the sweetest thing I've ever, but she couldn't be here tonight. And that's not like her at all. They've only been dating for less than a year, but she comes to all of Cody's events, especially something huge like this. 

I didn't even have to see with my own two eyes that she wasn't here tonight because Cody wasn't himself. He was so moody today when we went to get breakfast. He wouldn't even talk to me, but now here he is about to make his debut and he just shouldn't be like this. Not being able to stand it any longer, I go down there to do our pre-game ritual to see if that would cheer him up, but that does nothing. "What's wrong, Cody?" "She's not here." "I know, I know," I say as I pull him into a hug ", but maybe it's a sign. You know she's not one to miss anything of yours. Did she even tell you she wasn't coming?" "No, she actually broke up with me." "What, why?" "I told her I wanted to marry her, but I guess she's not ready for that." "Well, see it is a sign from God. Maybe you don't really love her." "Yeah, I really think I love someone closer to me anyways." After a very long silence, I start to head back up to my seat, but something stops me. When I'm turned around by the arms of my best friend, he pulls me into a deep, passionate kiss. "Lupe, I'm talking about you. I love you. I love you. I love you." "I love you too, but you have a game to play, sir."

After the game, I walk down to the dugout and see that smiley face that I always love to see. "I knew you would do good tonight." "Let's go home. I need to talk to you."

When we walk in his house, we both sit at the couch and start discussing what we are. "Lupe, I don't know what we are, but I do know that I love you. And I want you in my life forever." "And I want you in mine, Cody." "Lupe, will you do me the honor of becoming my girlfriend?" "Of course." "I love you so much," he says as he kisses me. "I love you too, Cody James Bellinger."