x JAKE MARISNICK x

***I apologize in advance if I am a little rusty. Being gone from Wattpad for over a year is tough!!***

Keeping such a big secret from Jake was so hard. It's just too much to handle right now especially with Jake being gone all the time at the stadium. To add to this whole fiasco, Parker actually wants to meet him. She just turned two and is beginning to say a few words to form simple sentences. All that comes out of her mouth is, "Jake." I know I should tell him, but I just can't!

*TWO DAYS LATER*

Today's the day. I have to tell Jake today. It's an off day and it will be my only chance to tell him in person before they go on the road to Los Angeles. Just as I was thinking of ways to tell him, I hear and watch the door knob for what seems like a century. In walks Jake seeming happy as ever until he looks down and sees Parker. "Are you babysitting today, babe?" Jake asks playfully with a grin. "Jake, we need to talk."

After an hour of telling him the full story of how I had a kid in my past relationship, I am surprised to see the grin on his face. "Are you mad at me, Jake?" "I'm not going to lie to you, Jodi. For many years, I never wanted kids. I've always wondered why people have kids when I used to think they were just more money to spend on. But you changed that part in me. After seeing you care for everyone in your life the way you do and the way I see you around everyone on the team's kids, I want kids. And I would love to be Parker's life, if you will let me." "Of course, Jake. That is all I have ever wanted. I love you." "I love you too, Jodi."