29) cody bellinger

It felt like deja vu. The boys worked so hard to get to the World Series and had lost again. Everyone was upset and you could just feel the mood change as the last out was recorded. They had made it so far yet again, but did win the actual title.

Cody wouldn't talk to anyone in the clubhouse of the game. During the whole series, Cody was constantly blaming himself for every single mistake the team made. I was waiting outside the clubhouse for all the boys to get done changing. After everyone was changed, I went inside and went straight to Cody. As soon as he noticed me, he came up and wrapped his arms around me. I could tell he was crying.

"Hey, Cody, look at me." He slowly pulled away and brought his eyes up to mine. "Look, I know this is hard, but you cannot sit around and blame just yourself for this. You win as a team and you lose as a team. This is something that you just have to learn from and prepare even harder next year. This loss will make you realize where you need to work harder and you'll get better. Then, you'll go out there next year and win this whole thing."

"Thanks Rachel, I really needed that. Now, let's go home and start this offseason, babe." "I'm down for that." "I love you so much, Rachel." "I love you too, Cody."

As we got home, neither of us brought up the loss, but I knew it was still deep in Cody's mind. We both tried our best just to love on each other and realize that we now had a few months together without any interruptions of a crazy baseball schedule and that was enough for both of us to be happy.

hope you enjoy it!!!