Chapter 21

Chapter 21

*5 months later*

"ELLIE! GET YOUR DOLLS OUT OF MY ROOM!" I yelled out in the hall, and heard Ellie giggling from her room. She quickly ran into the room, her hair tied up in pigtails from earlier. She looked much younger. Since Walter died, she seemed to be slowly going back and acting like a normal six year old. There were moments when she sounded really mature, but they were very few now. Ever since we visited the Tomlinson's and she played with the twins, she seemed to be more like herself now.

"Why?" She asked, jumping on my bed. I snapped out of my thoughts.

"Because I said so!"

"Wow, you should be a lawyer, Meg!" I could hear the sarcasm in her voice. I just narrowed my eyes at her.

"You got that from Niall, didn't you?"

"I like Niall!" She said, giggling. "I'm his little princess!"

"Well, I'm Louis' queen so I command you to get off my bed!"

"And if I don't?"

"Off with your head!" I said, smiling. "But since I'd go to jail if I did that, off with your Barbie dolls heads!" Ellie laughed. She'd watched Alice in Wonderland with Liam several times. "Just get off. Louis and the boys will be back from the tour, then we're going back to the Tomlinson's house, and we have a surprise for you." I poked her nose and she stopped jumping. She lit up almost immediately. This little girl was turning seven this week and she was so excited. Finally, when she refused to get off, I picked her up, spun her around and carried her all the way back to her room, grabbing her dolls for her.

I started singing Louis' part of 'Stand Up' as loud as I possibly could. When Jay told me to stop yelling, Ellie laughed at me.

"Queen Meg?" I heard Jay say from downstairs.

"Are you in need of my lovely presence?" I said dramatically from the balcony, hearing Ellie giggle.

"No, I'm actually fine without it." I gasped when she said this, and she smiled. "I'm on the phone with your king right now and he overheard your singing...He said if you're going to sing his part sing it right. He also said that he can't believe you're related to Liam Payne. You sound like a dying walrus."

"OFF WITH HIS HEAD!" I yelled down the stairs and Jay just laughed.

It had been a day since Daddy had died. The funeral would be two days away. I was sitting in my room, sulking. I just felt cold and empty. I just felt....lost. Louis had knocked on my door lightly and came in with Harry behind him. Harry waved a McDonalds bag in the air and I just lightly smiled.

"They say ice cream makes everything better." Louis said, waving the McFlurry in his hands. I just stared at it, no emotion. I probably looked like Bella from Twilight. I wasn't hungry. I just didn't want to do anything. I was still in my pajamas.

"And we bought you some cookies! Well, cookie. Niall got hungry." Harry said, and the boys sat on the edge of my bed. I didn't say anything, just played with the fabrics on my pj's. Harry and Louis looked at each other, almost sending secret messages with their eyes. Harry nodded and Louis shrugged. I just looked back and forth between the two.

"Well, all right, Meg, we're just going to -" Louis and Harry started to get up.

"You two are up to something." I said quietly, grabbing the Oreo McFlurry. "I'm too depressed to ask what you're up to."

Harry looked at Louis and Louis raised his eyebrows. Harry just smirked. "Maybe we should call Liam."

I stopped stirring the creamy, cold goodness. "No. Don't bother him! He'd probably sign me up for therapy or something..."