Chapter 4

When I woke up, Becca was already gone and the room was spotless. My phone buzzed on the desk notifying me of a text message.

Becca - Bellas rehearsal today at 3 in the auditorium

I looked at the time and I still had a half hour until I had to be there. I got up and changed out of the clothes Donald had given me and into a pair of black basketball shorts and a black tanktop. I threw on my converses and slid my phone into my pocket. I grabbed my ipod, plugged my black beats into them, and listened to Green Day.

I walked into the bathroom and did my makeup and hair before walking out the door. I locked the room up and went to the cafeteria. I bought a bottle of water from a vending machine and started to walk to the auditorium. I was three minutes early to practice but most of the girls were already there.

"Has anyone ever told you that you could pass as a goth chick?" Denise asked me.

"Maybe. If they did, I probably wasn't listening." I told her.

"That would make sense." Jessica added.

"Ok, aca-bitches let's start practice. We need to get ready for the riff-off. It's tonight." Becca told us, getting up on the stage.

"What about the Trebles?" Stacie wondered.

"They have some drama to sort out, so they won't be practicing with us today." Becca informed us.

Very subtle. I thought.

"So before we start singing and explaining the rules of the riff-off, we are going to get to know each other personally." Fat Amy announced, pointing to a group of chairs in a circle.

All the girls sat down in a chair. I was the last one to sit down in the circle. I had an empty chair on each side of me. Most of the girls looked confused, the others looked nervous or scared.

"Ok. Fat Amy, wool you start us off?" Becca asked.

"Well, most of you already know that my real name is Fat Patricia, but there's one more thing that you girls don't know. Um, I ditched my old boyfriends and now I'm dating Bumper." She admitted, "Cynthia Rose?"

"Well, I finally quit gambling. I decided that I had enough and it was ruining my life. Jessica?"

We went through all the girls. I found out that Stacie has a thing for my brother and Denise is bisexual. Finally, it was my turn to spill.

"Um, have any of you heard of the Double Demon of a Capella?" I asked the group, my head down.

"The Double Demon! Do you mean the Double Demon?! As in the Double Demon who won almost every a Capella award there is?!" Stacie interrogated.

"Um, who is the Double Demon?" Fat Amy asked.

I sat in my chair with my head in my hands. Lily took out her ipad. They searched the name, watched some of the videos, and read some articles on the Double Demon. When they finished, everyone's eyes were on me once again.

"So, what's your connection with her?" Jessica asked.

"I am the Double Demon." I told them, my head still down.

"What!? No way!?" sound of the girls shouted.

"If we go back to my room, I can show you my yearbooks with my pictures in them. Then you can see that I'm telling the truth." I said, lifting my head up.

The girls followed Becca and I back to our room. Once inside, I pulled out a box from my desk. I laid the box down on my bed and let Becca open the box. Stacie grabbed some of my yearbooks and started to look through them.