1: Desperate Need

Jimin, stood at the outer gate, his shotgun resting on his shoulder as he watched the people walk towards him. Jin was stood next to him with a gun in his hand, and Yoongi was on the other side, also armed. 

Hoseok and Namjoon were in the tower, carefully watching.

One of the newcomers was limping and heavily leaning on one of the others. As they got closer, Jimin could see that there were two men, one in a soldiers uniform, and two women.

"Morning," Jimin drawled, "Can I help you?"

The three all looked at the soldier, who stepped out in front of them, "We aren't here to fight," He said, raising his hands, "We didn't think there would be anyone here. We need help, one of our companions is hurt," 

He looked over at the limping man, and Jimin narrowed his eyes. He was pretty much covered in blood and was sweating profusely.

"How did he get hurt?" 

There was a pause and one of the women spoke up angrily, "He's not bit, if that's what you're worried about,"

Yoongi lifted his gun, aiming it at the group, and the woman stepped back, taking the injured man with her.

"We don't want a fight," The soldier said again, "We didn't know that anyone was here,"

"You're lying," Jimin said, raising an eyebrow, "You knew we were here,"

The soldier frowned, "We didn-"

There was a sudden shot from the tower, and a yell of surprise from a nearby tree. The sounds of branches snapping turned everyone's head as a man fell from the tree, landing heavily on the ground underneath.

Jimin kept his eyes on the soldier, "Now tell me the truth,"

The soldier sighed, "You caught us. You can't be too careful nowadays. We didn't know if we would have to force our way in or not," He took a deep breath, "We are in desperate need. We're starving and exhausted. Jongup is badly hurt,"

"We should help them," Jin said quietly to Jimin, "We can't just leave them out there,"

Jimin just stood quietly, watching the soldier. However, the man that had fallen from the tree got to his feet, angrily slapping the dirt from his clothes as he stomped over towards them.

"Who the fuck shot at me, and why?" He snapped, "I wasn't doing any- Yoongi?"

Yoongi lowered his gun, "Captain Jung?"

"I thought you and the kid died!" The new soldier cried, "Of course you survived, you'd never let anything hurt him!"

Jimin raised an eyebrow and glanced at Yoongi.

"We were at the same camp," Yoongi explained, "He was my CO for a while,"

"Right,"

Yoongi turned back to the man, "This is Sergeant Park. He's in charge here,"

The new Captain raised an eyebrow, "A Sergeant is in charge? You out rank him, Yoongi,"

"Uh, Cap?" The soldier from before widened his eyes when he heard the name, "That's Park Jimin. He's-"

"I out rank you all," Jimin said, "But I'm not affiliated with the Ghosts or army anymore. Wait here, and we will decide whether to let you in or not,"

He lifted the radio at his hip, "Hoseok, get down here," 

He decided to leave Namjoon in position without the newcomers knowing, just in case they did try anything while he was gone. Hoseok came down the ladder and the four of them walked away from the gate and through the inner set. Once they were inside, Jimin led them to the manor house and down to the lab, where everyone else was waiting.

"What's going on?" Bee asked, getting up and heading to him as soon as they were there, "We heard a gunshot,"

"Namjoon shot a sniper from the tree," Jimin said, "It's fine. We need to discuss what to do next,"

"Let them in," Jin said, "We have a lot of jobs coming up around here, and a few more soldiers will be helpful,"

"We need to test them," Hoseok said quickly, "That one guy looks like he's been bitten,"

"Don't let them in," Taehyung said, "I don't know them. Bee won't be safe,"

Jimin sighed and ran his fingers through his hair, "We have plenty of food and work, and there are spare bedrooms still. I can't leave them without help, they haven't been aggressive in the slightest,"

"I'm okay with new people," Daisy said, taking Jin's hand, "Maybe we could let them in on a type of probation? Keep them under watch until we can trust them?"

"I trust Daehyun," Yoongi said, "He's a good man. Jungkook liked him too,"

Jungkooks face lit up, "Dae is out there? He survived?"

"Oh, Jung Daehyun," Hana said, "We can trust him,"

"How do you know that?" Taehyung snapped.

"He once beat the shit out of a scientist when he saw him torturing Kook," Yoongi said, "And he looked out for me when I was a newbie. He's a good man,"

The group turned silent and all looked at Jimin.

"In the end, it's up to you, Jimin," Bee said, "You're the leader here,"

Jimin sighed and folded his arms, "Alright. We let them in on probation," He leaned his shotgun against his shoulder as he moved to the door, "Nobody tell them about Bee's pregnancy ye, understood?"

Taehyung kicked one of the stools away from the table and grabbed Jimin's shirt, "If this backfires, it's on you, Sergeant," He growled, before stalking up the stairs. They heard the door to the med bay close and Bee sighed.

"He's under a lot of stress," She said, "Jimin, we need to talk about him, soon,"

"Yeah," Jimin agreed, "But not now. I've got to go and let five strangers into our home,"

---

AN: I hope you enjoyed the first chapter! I know it's a bit boring, but I have lots planned!