11

Willow stretched and pushed herself up from the sofa. Looking around the apartment was in darkness, she was on her own. She didn't even need to move to know that. Pulling the sleeves of her jumper down, she sat crossed legged on the sofa before hearing a noise. Opening her eyes she looked behind her at the small corridor which lead towards the bedrooms. Standing up quietly, Willow ventured onwards, stopping and pressing an ear to the door she listened. There was movement from Jonathan's room, as much as she didn't want to she put a hand on the handle and turned it.

Effortlessly the door swung inwards, Willow stepped into the room and jumped slightly when the curtains moved. "Silly," Willow laughed nervously, Jonathan had left his window open and it had knocked things down from the windowsill. Reaching up and shutting the window she picked up the little trinkets and set them down again.

Letting out a quiet sigh she turned around and screamed. A hand got quickly put to her mouth, "Shh."

"Jonathan?" Willow questioned while pulling the bandaged hand away from her mouth. Taking a step back she looked him over. He was still in his suit from earlier on, only it looked a little ruffed up and dirty now. An all too familiar sack mask was over his face, only this one looked like it was a make shift gas mask. On his hand were four menacing needles, they were empty which relieved Willow. "What the...what...just what?!" Willow rambled out awkwardly, and looked at him. Jonathan rolled his eyes from behind his mask. She took a step forward and tentatively reached up and underneath the mask. Slowly but surely Jonathan's face appeared from underneath it. "What have you been doing?" Willow questioned and turned the sack over in her hands. Smiling lightly she put it on and looked around, "Hm, it's not very comfy." Willow commented while pulling it off again and shaking her head.

"Just a little test." Jonathan smiled and plucked the mask from her hands. He stopped in his movements when Willow had grabbed onto his wrist and turned his hand over.

"Gotta be some test Jonathan." Willow eyed the needles and then looked up at him sadly. "You're not like...you know...instead of randomly shooting a gun, injecting people with Lord knows what?"

"That gun is out of sight."

"You still have it?"

"Yes." Jonathan nodded. "Never know when a burglar may appear."

"I don't think anyone would burgle you with you wearing this." Willow shook his wrist and looked at the needles again.

"You surprise me."

"Huh?"

"Considering how you acted previously, I'm surprised to see how acceptant you are of this whole moment."

Willow sighed, "You are you. You will act however you want." She shook her head and wrapped her arms around herself. "Just be careful with whatever this," she wagged a finger at the needles and sack mask. "Is." With that said Willow walked past him and out of his room.

----

Sitting side by side on the sofa, Willow idly leaned her head against Jonathan's shoulder while the news reporter disappeared and a weatherman took her place. It was early morning and Willow had made herself get up the same time as Jonathan for no particular reason.

"Several deaths in a museum are treated as suspicions. Frederick Masters and Simon Barkley are two confirmed. The others are waiting for identification."

Willow moved away from Jonathan and looked up at him. "Just a little test?"

"It was very interesting. Did you know your former boss had a shallow fear of rejection from women? Simon on the other hand seemingly died of asphyxiation."