2.New knowledge and new friends

Lily: "Oh and my name is Lily."

[Y/n]: "[Y-Y/n] n-nice to meet you."

Lily: "Sorry for scaring you."

[Y/n]: "I-It's fine, don't worry about it"

Lily: "Well if you say that you're ok I'll believe you, but..."

Her smile vanishes and gets replaced by a serious face.

Lily: "If you're lying, you are not going to like what might happen next."

Damn, its scary when she's serious like that.

Lily: "Anyway! Follow me, you can ask me anything while we're on our way to the village."

[Y/n]: "Ok, so why am I here?"

You ask as you walk along side her.

Lily: "That's a good question, I'll tell you what I know. First of all you have to unite our villages, then you have to clear out the dungeon, but as you know new problems will keep emerging."

[Y/n]: "I see..."

Lily: "You know, there are many races from living to undead but we're all half human."

[Y/n]: "UNDEAD!!??"

Lily: "hehe... They won't do anything to you unless you do something that would make them angry. This place was once united, everyone knew each other and no one was hostile."

[Y/n]: "So, what happened between all of you?"

Lily: "Darkness and corruption started to spread."

[Y/n]: "So, someone must of started that corruption?"

Lily: "Yeah, someone wanted to summon something and we're thinking that the summoning spell malfunctioned or got corrupted by darkness. It started to spread and because of that everyone started suspecting each other, thinking that one or the other may be a threat."

[Y/n]: "To think that because of one or a few people everyone would have to suffer."

Lily: "That's why the dungeon was made, we sealed the darkness inside. 100 floors were created by that stupid darkness, and just because we didn't trust each other we couldn't clear the floors. Then we decided to summon a human and the rest of what happened you already know."

[Y/n]: "How can I help you if I might be even weaker than you."

Lily: "You know, you shouldn't think of yourself as an ordinary being, everyone is special in their own way, so please don't talk like that."

[Y/n]: "Thanks? I guess."

The rest of the way we both stayed silent. After about 15 minutes of walking we stopped in front of some big gates. On the right side of the wall there was a small board saying "Welcome to Quinfall".

Lily took out a piece of metal, there was some kind of a writing on it. She came closer to the gates and pushed the piece of metal through them. You started to hear some whispers.

[Y/n]: "Ummmm... Lily, I'm hearing whispers, is that good?"

Lily: "This world is full of magic, so we use many magic tricks to protect ourselves. This is one of them, if this key was made by someone else who is not from our village it wouldn't work even if it was made in our village by our blacksmith and they had bad intensions the key wouldn't work, and our guards would come to kill you, so better don't mess with them, they're very skilled in combat."

That didn't really answer my question but it could be that the key is whispering some words to unlock the door.

[Y/n]: "Aren't there any monsters that can fly?"