24.Prepared for anything

Maria: "You will have to protect me while I'll be using my magic to strengthen the walls."

[Y/n]: "Protect you from what?"

Maria: "I'll be using dark magic because it's the most powerful one, of course it comes with a cost, while I'll be casting the spell I won't be able to move and this is where you come in, after a bit corrupted monsters should start to form around me, so I need you to kill them."

Your weapons and armor materialise on you.

Maria: "A few guards will come to help you out."

[Y/n]: "We will have to do it from the outside of our village if we don't want to cause trouble for others."

Maria: "Correct."

[Y/n]: "You do know that we might get attacked by someone stronger right?"

Maria: "My magic might attract some corrupted monsters from the forest too but you worry to much, if anything I'll help out."

I hope we won't get killed there. You leave the throne room and start walking to the gates but while walking through the village you hear others talking about you.

(Harpie) guard: "...I wanted to see the hero and make a surprise for him, I even went in to his room to look for him and only now I know that he wasn't in the village, and uhh...I saw a weird hallway when I was there, it's like it was infinite?"

(Vampire) guard: "Well he is here now, so it's not too late to do what you wanted and that hallway is called hallway to infinity."

(Harpie) guard: "You're right...do you... want to join me?"

Maria: "You sure are loved but they won't be able to do what they are thinking of doing."

[Y/n]: "Why is that?"

Maria: "You will understand soon~"

[Y/n]: "That makes me feel safer...In a way."

Maria: "Im glad."

I don't think I'll like what she's planning. As you get near the gates you see 4 furry guards, one of them walks up to Maria.

(Neko) Guard: "My queen, we are ready."

Maria: "That's good, lets get going then."

Maria leans closer to the guard and whispers something in to her ear, the neko guard looks at you and a weird smile appears on her face. The gates open up automatically without them doing anything.

Maria: "It's better this way don't you think [y/n]?"

[Y/n]: "If you're talking about the gates then i guess it is."

Maria: "If we need to go through them fast we can do it..."

She touches the gate and it moves like it was made out of water.

Maria: "Like this."

She puts her hand through it just to show how it works.

[Y/n]: "Wow."

Maria: "Nothing more to say than that?"

[Y/n]: "What did you expect me to say?"

Maria: "Oh nothing~"

She starts walking to the other side of the gates and all the guards turn to you.

[Y/n]: "What?"

(Neko) Guard: "Lead us hero"

Why ME!?

Maria: "Are you coming or not?"

[Y/n]: "Fine, whatever."