Chapter Eighteen: A Night Out.

Zayn's POV:

I watch with one eye open and the other shut as Riley and Dylan go whirling into the air, twirling and twirling.

''Ahh!'' I cry, as it looks like they won't land on the wheels.

Then there's sighs of relief when they do. I sigh too, relieved that Riley hasn't broken her neck. Yet.

Michelle laughs and pats my back in a slow pattern, comforting me.

''She'll be fine. She's done this before.'' she shrugs.

''She has?!'' I look at her, surprised.

''Oh damn it,'' Michelle mutters to herself and then looks up at me, ''Yeah.''

''What else hasn't she told me? First, she never told me she smoked and now she never told me she'd done this before. Honestly. She's living a lie.''

''No, she's not. She doesn't like being lied to, so she doesn't tell anyone anything so if ever she gets into a pickle, she won't have to lie.''

I stare at her. ''Okay.''

''It's true. And it's not her fault. Her mum – your mum as well – was lying to her. I would've been kind of angry too.''

''Me too, I suppose.''

''Yeah, see, you knew you had a sister. You know what your dad told you, and he told you that you have a sister. Your mum is the one who was in the wrong.''

''And now they're both away and we can't talk to either of them.''

''Well, you definitely can't talk to your dad. He's dead.'' she says bluntly.

''Yes, he is.''

''Oh my god Riley!'' Amy screams.
I look up and gasp. She's only holding onto the bike by her legs, and she's bent backwards, her head precariously close to the wheel.

''They should definitely get ten points for that.'' Jen whispers, beside me.

Then the bike twists in the air and lands, on both wheels and the crowd roars.

''Whoo!'' I jump up, shouting as cheering, following everyone else's lead.

Riley stands up on the bike and waves at us, her fist pumping the air most of the time.
Dylan drives the bike out of the sandy, muddy arena and Amy, Jen, Rizo, Michelle and I leave the stands and go down to meet them.

''That was so much fun!'' Riley cries, running up and throwing her arms around my neck. I stumble backwards with the weight of her.

''I was so worried! What if you'd have broken your neck?! I was freaking out the whole time.''

''Oh come on,'' she pulls away and waves her hand at me. ''I'm not that bad a rider.''

''So do you think we've won?'' she asks everyone.

Dylan sidles along and slings his arm around her shoulders.

I grit my teeth together. If he hurts her, I'm going to punch him in the face.

By hurt, I mean, if they go out and he ends up cheating on her or something...

''Dylan!'' Riley huffs, pushing his arm off her. Hmm, maybe she doesn't like him then. The blonde boy rolls his eyes and grins.

''I think so. We were pretty good out there.'' he replies.

''Only five minutes until the results are up!'' she squeals, grinning at me.