Chapter Twenty One

Sky's POV:

When I woke up, the first thing I registered was that the bed was completely empty. I quickly got up, looking around. I heard something clatter in the kitchen and a black dress lying on the dresser. I dressed myself and hurried out to the kitchen. Sage was there, washing the dishes while Maya sat at the table going through something on her iPad.

"W..Did I oversleep?" I asked cautiously. Maya raised her head and smiled.

"No. I let you sleep. Sage couldn't wait to leave the room so I let her cook. Your food is on the counter. Hurry up, we ate already and I have a meeting in 10 minutes" She said. I grabbed the plate and quickly sat down to eat.

She's a pretty good cook.

Sage sat down next to me just as I ate the last piece of food, taking my plate and disappearing back into the kitchen to wash it. Maya stood up and reached into her bag, pulling out a leash. My heart sank. But instead of putting it on me, she walked over to Sage and clipped it to her collar.

"Sky. Stay close to me or else you get shocked. Understand?" She told me, pulling Sage forward to stand next to her. I nodded.

"Yes Mistress".

We left the room and went down to the lobby, crossing the room until we arrived at the dining hall. There were tons of people there, but Maya seemed to be the only one with pets.

Great. No one to talk to but Sage. She's been silent for quite a while.

Maya took a seat and put me in her lap, wrapping Sage's leash around her wrist. She rubbed her cold hand on my back and I shivered.

"Maya? Who's this cutie? And the one standing behind you. New pets?" A male asked, who was sitting across from her. Maya rolled her eyes and pushed me out of her lap.

"Her name is Sky. The one behind me is Sage. Yes New Pets. Can we get on with this meeting, it's freezing in here" She snapped. The cold air conditioning made me shiver.

I wish I had asked her for a sweater.

The meeting was long and uneventful. Maya ignored us and immersed herself into her work, asking questions and getting answers that I equally didn't understand. Me and Sage stood as close as we could, hoping our body heat would help. It didn't. I wanted to go near the doors, but Sage couldn't follow. So I stayed.

"You can go if you want. Maybe she'll let me go with you" She whispered. I shook my head. The men in the room made me tense, their eyes roaming our bodies from time to time. One guy in particular was very set on getting Sage's attention, licking his lips and openly staring at her.

Until Maya cleared her throat.

"John. I can tell you like my pet" She sounded annoyed. Sage yelped as Maya yanked her leash, making her jerk in her direction. She placed Sage on her lap and wrapped a hand around her throat, only just tight enough to let her breathe. Sage instantly stopped moving, her chest rising and falling with her rapid breaths.

"She's pretty isn't she? So easy to control too. Maybe if you pay enough, you can have a little fun with her" Maya said. Sage's eyes widened in fear. I quickly moved closer to her.

"Mistress I'll do it. Don't make Sage do it" I begged. Sage wildly shook her head, but stopped when Maya tightened her grip slightly.

"No I think Sage should do it. It'll be great practice" She Purred. John looked delighted.

Did she plan this? Poor Sage. I'm sorry this is happening to you.

"How about 300? For 3 hours." He tried. Maya chuckled and shook her head.