Chapter Twenty-Nine.

It was like she blinked and it was Monday, back to reality. Just as she was about to check the time Ben walked in to the bedroom.

"Morning." She gave him a small smile.

"Rosie is up, fed and ready for school. We're heading out in a few minutes. I'll come back and get you on the way to work. Figured you'd want a shower, should have plenty of time." He said leaning against the door frame.

"Thank you." She said quietly as she climbed out of bed. He nodded and headed out of the room. "What time did you come to bed?" She called out to him and he stopped.

"I fell asleep on the couch, watching the news." He said over his shoulder without turning to look at her.

"Again?" She said walking past him towards the living room. He didn't respond to her question he just looked down at the floor.

"Have a good day at school sweetie. See you later." She kissed Rosie on the head and walked back to bathroom "Don't bother calling back for me, I'm not going in today." She said coldly as she shut and locked the bathroom door.

Standing with her back to the door fighting back tears she heard him sigh and call out to Rosie that it was time to go. When she heard the front door shut she went back out in to the hallway to watch them head out to his truck from the bedroom window. Seeing her little girl holding his hand as she skipped along side him.
"What are you doing?" She whispered to herself.

She didn't want to be at work and have the bad atmosphere with Steve over her head and she didn't want to be around Ben because he clearly didn't want to be around her

She didn't want to be at work and have the bad atmosphere with Steve over her head and she didn't want to be around Ben because he clearly didn't want to be around her. She didn't want to be stuck in his apartment either, surrounded by all his stuff. So, she decided she would go in to town and see where the day took her.

********

It was lunch time and Charlotte had just sat down in the window of the coffee shop when her phone started to ring. Looking to see who it was and decide if she was going to let it go to voicemail but when she saw Ellie's face, she smiled and answered.

"Hey. You back in work today?"

"Yeah...Where are you? I came in on my lunch break to check you were ok and you're not here?"

"I'm in town, just got a coffee, didn't want to go in today, so..."

"What's happened? You don't sound like yourself and Ben looks like shit, he's working in dads office with Will..."

"Good for him. My food just got here so I'm going to go. I'll speak to you soon."

"Charl, wait..." but she hung up before she could finish.

She drove back to his place and was just packing the last of Rosie's things from the spare room when she heard the front door open and Ben laughing at something.