Chapter Forty-Four.

"Are you getting up? Im going to make some breakfast." Charlotte whispered in Bens ear.

"In a bit." He grumbled.

"I thought you wanted to talk to your Dad this morning? Make sure your Grandad is ok." She stroked his arm.

" She stroked his arm

"I will. In a bit!" He said as her turned away from her. He was starting to get annoyed so she shook her head, got up and left the room, leaving him to sulk on his own.

"Morning Will." She said sheepishly as she walked in to the living room.

"Morning darlin. Sorry about ruining your night." He scratched the back of his neck.

"Don't worry about it." Charlotte smiled. "Would you like some tea? Coffee?" She asked heading to the kitchen.

"A coffee would be great Charl." He nodded.

"I'm making grumpy some breakfast, you hungry?" Grabbing things from the cupboards and fridge.

"You don't have to do feed me darlin'. It's my fault he's being grumpy, so I wont over stay my welcome."

"He said Arthur had a fall, is he ok? I hope it's not too serious." She frowned. "Im sure he's just worried about him, he's probably grumpy because hes hungover. Had one too many last night." She let out a chuckle.

"I'm grumpy because of his witch of a girlfriend!" Bens voice came from the door. "I'm grumpy because she thinks she has any say what so ever in where he should live!" He sat down on the armchair opposite his Dad.

"Benji." Will sighed.

"I'm grumpy because not only does she think my Grandad should go in a fucking care home, she pretty much pushed my Dad out of his own fucking house last night!" He seethed.

"A care home? No!" Charlotte frowned shaking her head in disapproval. "We saw him last week, he's more than capable of taking care of himself!" Placing their coffees next to them before heading back to get her own.

"At least someone agrees with me!" He said glaring at his dad. "I'll have him living with us before he steps foot in a care home!"

"Ben, I..." Will started.

"I'm serious Dad!" Raising his voice.

"Ben! Let him have his say." She said in a calm soothing tone as she sat down next to Will on the sofa.

"He's not going in a home! I wouldn't do that! You know I love him!" He ran a hand over his beard. "You and him are all I have left of your Mum, I couldn't send him away any more than I could you." He whispered.

Charlotte saw Ben instantly deflate at his fathers words. Smiling at him "Who wants breakfast then?" Standing up and heading to the kitchen. "Bacon, rind removed, scrambled eggs and wholemeal toast." She said to herself.