°Chapter 29°

Emily's P.O.V

"Pst, little girl."

I looked up, exhaustively. I was so tired and all the beatings that I had received were starting to weigh me down. Damien had stopped bringing me food and I was starting to only get fed once every three days and given a cup of water once a day. I had given up on any hope and had just accepted my fate.

I sighed and crawled over to the bars which she had gripped in her hold. I attempted to stand up and let out a hiss, along with an agonised whimper. "Look, I get that Wyatt has probably sent you down to beat me but I can't really open the door unless I was given the gift of super strength." I snapped at her and she chuckled, shaking her head. Her bony hand reached through the bars and she held my hand in hers. I was about to pull away but I saw the sad look on her face and stopped.

"I've loved hearing your comebacks the past ten days. You're a very funny girl, Emily." She told me and I was about to ask her how she knew my name but she cut me off before I could even breathe. "Sorry, where are my manners? My name is Elizabeth; you can call me Liz or Eliza if you'd like." She told me and her eyes wrinkled as she laughed lightly. "Honey, I don't have a lot of time but I'm here to help you. I'm in a cell a few doors down but I just wanted to let you know that I've overheard the conversations of the guards and apparently your brothers are locked up in here somewhere." She told me, a tight lipped frown pulling onto her lips. "I have a key, right here and I'm going to let you out but you'll have to be very discreet. Your brothers are two staircases up, you take a left and then two rights." She told me as she twisted the key in the lock, allowing me to scramble out.

"Thank you so much." I threw my arms around the frail lady and she hugged me back, a loving laugh coming from her lips as she patted my back. I could feel the tears well up in my dry eyes and I clumsily pulled away. "I'm so grateful, thank you. I promise to come back for you." I promised her but she shook her head at me.

"I appreciate the promise, dearie, but I'm afraid my time will be coming to an end soon. They're talking about getting rid of me." She blew her hair out of her face and I could see the tears prickle the corners of her eyes, making a pit of sadness settle in my chest. "Anyways, you must be getting on, Emily, they'll be down soon." She told me and I thanked her again, stumbling a back a bit. "Will you be alright?" She asked and I weakly nodded my head, giving her a small smile before limping into the dimly lit corridor, the sadness in my chest being replaced with fear.

"Stairs." I whispered to myself as I shuffled down the long corridor. The adrenaline was pumping through my veins as if to keep me going and I felt lucky for it but I was shaking with anxiousness. It didn't exactly help that I was wobbling all over the place as I was so dizzy.

It was when I turned the corner of the seemingly endless corridor that my whole world practically froze. I had bumped into someone's chest, which sent me flying to the floor. I attempted to quickly crawl away from the person but I wasn't quick enough. I was grabbed by my waist and picked up off the filthy floor.

"Please, don't hurt me. I'll go back! Just don't tell Wyatt!" I held my arms above my head as if would protect me from the danger I was facing but the person hushed me and held my hands by my sides so that I wasn't raising them above me head.

"Emily, is that really you?" I peered up and found none other than my older brother - Cole. He stood right in front of me and I gasped. My hand reached up to him and I ran my bloodied fingers over his arm, expecting myself to be hallucinating but when I felt his hand, the tears slowly started to fall from my eyes, blurring my vision.

"Cole, oh my god, y-you really are here!" I exclaimed and wrapped my arms around his neck, my tears probably soaking into his hoodie. He hugged me back, seeming to be in a state of shock. He pulled back, his arms resting around my shoulders.