7. The Basketball Game

Star's POV:

I felt Jackie's hand roaming all over me as she was kissing down my neck. I tried not to moan but couldn't help it. As she reached closer to my waistband I quickly stopped her. "What's wrong babe?" She asked, frowning a little. "I.. uh I don't know can we not do that? Every time you come over that's all we do. Even in the text. When was the last time we went on a proper date Jackie? We've been together for almost 6 months now. Yeah we don't want anyone to know but there's nothing wrong with friends going. They'll just think we're friends and nothing more" I whined a little, sitting up. I miss the romance.

"I'm.. I'm sorry I just can't get enough of you. You're too hot baby" she said smirking at me and tried to kiss me again.

I stopped her and said  "No. Don't start that. I feel like you're hiding something from me. You never let me use your phone when I let you use mine. I feel like you're fucking me to cover something up. You know why I hesitate to have sex and yet I'm forced to let you because I feel guilty for not being able to give you what you want"

She rubbed her hand over her face. "Shit. I'm sorry I made you feel like that. Okay? I'm sorry I won't do it again. I never meant to force you. Shit. I'm really sorry Star. I'll make it up to you? I'll take you out next weekend. Alright?"

I just sighed and nodded. "Okay. Can we cuddle?" I asked opening my arms. "Sure. After we change into something more comfortable" she said smiling. After changing clothes, we cuddled and fell asleep.

Nina's POV:

After Star left home, I immediately started missing her. This is so ridiculous. I only know her for a month and I'm already feeling these weird stuff and missing her. It's not possible. I'm straight. I was so preoccupied with my mind I didn't realize it was almost evening.

My dad took us out to a movie and a restaurant. I still kept wondering about her weird behaviour this morning but quickly pushed it aside and tried to fall asleep. Hopefully she'll tell me or well... It's none of my business.

3 days later...

Star's POV:

Today's the day. It's the first basketball match of my junior year at the new school and I can't wait to play. To say I was little nervous would be an understatement. The fact that Nina would be watching made me more nervous.

I didn't sleep properly because of the game but wasn't a bit tired. 'Good thing' I thought and started doing warm ups. Slowly my teammates were arriving. No one talked but everyone was focused on the game.

Before I knew it, we were on the court. The opponent team looked pretty strong. A few girls were taller than ours but that didn't frighten me. My team captain took the toss. We won the toss and chose our side of the court. "Star I want you to sit this one out. I'll let you in after a few minutes of the game. Alright?" my captain Jessica told me.

I was a bit shocked but just clenched my jaw and sat on the bench for subs. The game started and opponent team quickly got possession of the ball. The tallest girl was dribbling towards the hoops but soon my team snatched the ball from her and scored a point.

10 mins since the game started and the score board didn't look good. I was bouncing on the bench but soon I was called in. 'I'll show them how to play' I thought and quickly started playing. I was dribbling the ball down the court with my teammates defending me from the opponents. I stopped at the 3 pointer and shot the ball. It went straight into the hoops. Everyone cheered us as my teammates patted my back.

Every time I had the ball I kept scoring points. Soon we were tied up with the opponent team. The score board read 37-37. I noticed Nina had come to the game. I grinned at her while she grinned back giving me thumbs up. We had 30 seconds left and all we had to do was score one point.

Everyone could feel the pressure. I felt sweat rolling down my forehead and the back of my neck. We had the ball so the odds weren't against us but it was too soon to celebrate. I was standing at the 2 pointer with 2 defenders around me but they weren't as tall as me. My teammate Hannah dribbled the ball towards the hoop but passed the ball quickly to me as she was unable to shoot with 3 opponents around her.

I quickly jumped and caught the ball. I turned around and shot the ball and at the same time I was elbowed on my side causing me to stumble over someone's feet and fall on my back. The pain was excruciating. I glared at the girl but she just smirked but quickly frowned when I scored the point and the game was over. We won. We won! Despite the pain I bounced back up and started jumping in the air.

A lot of people ran towards us, screaming names and chanted our school name. But I just ignored everyone and kept looking around for one particular face. Soon I found her in the crowd trying to get to me.  I was grinning ear to ear when she found me and ran to hug me tight. I was lifted off the ground and she spun me around.

I laughed and held onto her when she set me down as I felt dizzy. The pain seemed to fade away when she was here but quickly it returned. I hugged my side and went to the locker room. All my teammates were there too with my coach congratulating everyone. "Are you okay? She hit you pretty hard" asked Nina with concern written all over her face. I laid on a nearby bench as everyone stood around me. "I- I'm ok" I managed to say but honestly it was painful.

Someone got a pack of ice and put it on my side. Jeez it was cold. Nina was still looking at me. I suddenly felt insecure and blushed when I realized my jersey was lifted, exposing my flat tummy.

I just laid there for a while then quickly got my phone out to inform my parents and Jackie about the game. I felt a little better. There was a small bruise but it was nothing. Nina sat beside me and was telling me about the game because I don't remember much about what exactly happened. "You were so awesome Star! When did you start playing?" She asked. "Uh.. when I was 10 I guess. I started playing once I came to middle school" I said smiling at the memory of my first time of basketball.

I asked Nina to take a pic of us and after we took she noticed I had some wattpad stories on the home screen. "You read wattpad stories too?!" She asked excitedly. "Yeah.. it's uhm a lesbian story" I said unsure of how she'd react. "Oh cool! I didn't know you were supportive of LGBT. That's great! Can you send me it's link? I wanna read one" she said smiling at me.

"Yeah sure. Of course I support LGBT. Those who don't are idiots" I said laughing awkwardly because my own best friends from previous school are homophobic.

"Yeah there's nothing wrong with being one of LGBT" Nina said. I wasn't exactly surprised because she seemed to be an open minded person. And to know she was supportive made me happy. I immediately wanted to tell her about Jackie but with so many people around I didn't want to risk it.

Speak of the devil. Jackie called me. I moved to a corner and answered. "Hey babe. Yeah thank you dear. No I'm not going out with my teammates you know I'm not social. Hmm A date night? Sure. Text me where. Please don't choose a fancy restaurant I don't have dresses at all" I said laughing a little. She just laughed and hung up as her class had started.

I walked back to Nina. She was still waiting for me. I looked around to see everyone else had left. I felt nervous but shook it off. "Sorry it was uh... My girlfriend actually" I said to her in a low voice, rubbing the back of my neck.

"Oh. That's alright. I didn't know you had a girlfriend. What's her name?" She looked a bit surprised but was smiling soon. "Jacqueline. But I call her Jackie" I said smiling back.

"Oo nice name. Pics? I wanna see her" she said looking at me expectantly. I nodded and showed her a pic from my gallery. "She's pretty! You guys look cute" she said handing my mobile back to me. I smiled and thought 'not as beautiful as you' but shook the thought away. This is bad.

We soon parted ways as our parents came and took us home. I spent the day on bed because I was tired and sore from the game. Plus the pain on my side prevented me from doing anything. Bed rest. My mom wanted me to have bed rest.

I took a nap and woke up later that evening to get ready for the date. Unlike other people I don't need hours to get ready. I don't put make up. Like me as I look or leave is what I believe. Jackie doesn't mind me not wearing make up so who needs it. And soon I was on the way to my destination. I smiled and spent my time with my girlfriend at the diner because we're going for movie on next date.

A/N: Please vote, comment. Thanks for reading!