Epilogue

Narrator's POV:

The weather was good enough to lounge around in the backyard that evening. The sun was setting, there was a mild breeze and birds chirping giving a sense of peace amid the usually busy schedule. Star was really glad she took the day off, taking a break from the travel and just staying home with her family.

Her wife and daughter. Her family was everything to her. Despite being the CEO of one of the best companies in the USA, she managed to spend time with her family. Right on cue a loud squeal was heard and the sound of a pair of soft feet padded towards her.

“Mama! Look what I found!!” The 3 yr old exclaimed loudly before jumping onto her mama's lap.

“Do not run baby. You could get hurt” she chastised, making the child pout.

Pecking her forehead, Star shifted her so Nora could sit comfortably. “What did you find Nora?”

“This!” Nora showed her an album. A photo album that Nina had gifted to her on their wedding day. It was a collection of several moments taken by either them or their friends. Later they added pictures of Nora and themselves too. It was a pretty thick album.

“Ooh I see you've been exploring around. Quite the explorer baby. Where did you find this?”

“In the woom next to you and mama's”

“Store room? How? It's locked” Star frowned.

Nora just shrugged. “Tell me about this mama” Nina must've forgotten to lock it earlier. She should totally go lock it before Nora dug through boxes and found stuff she shouldn't know about. Namely, the sex toys their friends gifted as a prank on the wedding, and they themselves had bought. They were freaky in the bedroom, that's definite.

Smiling Star blew the dust off and opened it. “This was our first photo together. When I was a big girl at school. I had a basketball game and your mama took it after the game ended”

“Did you win?” The child wondered.

“Oh of course I did. Mama was a good player baby” she replied flexing her arm, making the child giggle at her.

They went through several pictures. 8 years of memories later came their engagement pictures.

“This was when mommy asked me to marry her. After she graduated from her med school” she said, smiling softly at the photo with Nina kneeling down in front of her as she looked pretty stunned. Their families and friends cheered around. They both waited until Nina graduated even though they were already living together as soon as Nina had joined the med school while Star worked at one of the architecture companies in New York.

“Beautiful mama, you two” Nora commented as they moved on to their wedding photos. After being engaged for about a year they decided to get married at a small church. Both families wanted a grand wedding but were happy with the extravagant reception that evening. It was grand, several guests: colleagues of both the brides, a few of their parents', relatives and friends. That was the day they became Jensen-Foley.

Honeymoon was pretty grand too. The couple went to the Bora Bora. It was short 1 week trip. But they definitely had a lot of fun. Loads of adventures and love making.

“Mama! Is that me?” Nora pointed to the small infant in the picture, bringing Star back from her reverie.

“Yeah baby. That's you. 4 hours after you were born. Your grandmama, took this. You took so long to come out but I'm really happy because you're here” Star's parents were the only ones that were able to catch a flight as soon as Nina informed them about Star going into labor. Nina's parents arrived the next day and both set of grandparents were happy to see their granddaughter.