Heaven couldn't wait for you

Dee pov

"So um what do you have to talk to me about?" I questioned my parents. They told me to come straight home right after class because they had something important to tell me. We were all sitting in the living room and they were just staring at me.

"So um" my father said clearing his throat

"Excuse me" my father said and I could see tears welling up in his eyes.

"Daddy what's wrong? Y'all are scaring me" I said

"Jaidee I'm sorry baby but Tyrone was shot and killed last night" my mom said speaking for my father and I could see the tears escape her eyes.

"Tyrone who? Not my best friend Tyrone." I said and my mom sat next to me and hugged me

"Yie I just texted him. I can call him right now" I said pulling out my phone and calling his cell.

"Hello? Dee?" His mom answered

"Momma what happened to Tyrone? I want to speak with him" I said into the phone and I could hear her crying.

"Dee he got shot last night and he didn't make it" she sniffled

"I just texted him we was just talking about him coming over here for winter break." I cried

"Aww Dee" my mom said hugging me

"This is real?" I questioned and I looked at my parents tear filled eyes. I've known Tyrone since we were babies we basically grew up together and we did everything together and we even tried to date for a little while but things didn't work out but we remained the best of friends . When I moved to Cali nothing was supposed to change but today everything has changed.

"I got to go over there I have to see him with my own two eyes" I said standing up but my father grabbed me and just hugged me and I just completely broke down.

"I-I he was- I can't" I said but I couldn't formulate a sentence.

"It's ok baby girl" my father said picking me up and I just cried. It wasn't one of those silent cries I couldn't keep my composure and I was sobbing loudly. My throat and my head began to hurt and I couldn't do nothing but cry some more.

"My heart hurts" I said in between cries

"I'm not okay" I said sniffling and my father rubbed my back and I eventually cried my self to sleep.

I woke up in my room and once I remembered what happened tears started to fall from my eyes continuously. I wiped them away as I downloaded the Instagram app and once I signed in to my old account I saw all the posts and I got a lot of dm's from people I barely knew and they were checking up on me. I went through my photos and found a lot of videos and the photos we took over the years and posted some with the caption "I'm not okay" answering everybody's question.

I went through his Instagram and just looked at his photos and the videos he shared and I just got mad.

Who the fuck kills someone like how the fuck can you do that shit with no remorse. I felt angry and sad and helpless and my emotions were just all over the place and I just needed to talk to him. What kills me the most was I wasn't able to say goodbye and when I scrolled through my phone notifications I noticed that I had a missed call from him at three in the morning. I went through my voicemail and saw that I had a voicemail from him as well.

"Dee, hey bestie" he said laughing but I could hear the pain in his voice.

"Fuck! I got shot by that nigga Laney and I know I should be calling the police but fuck it if I'm gon speak to somebody it's gonna be you. I love you Jaidee" he said and I could hear him groaning

"I love you too" I said back to the phone

"Tell my moms I love her too and everybody I care about. I got something for you in our hiding place too you got to really look for it" he said and I could hear him gargling blood.

"I love you the most Dee" he said and the message cut off after that.

"OH MY GODDD!" I wailed

"Oh my God" I said trying to breathe deep trying to control my breathing cause I could feel myself having a panick attack.

"What's wrong?" My mom questioned barging into my room and my dad was right behind her.

"I can't- I can't breathe" I said holding my chest and my father picked me up and sat me on my bed

"Concentrate on your breathing and stay in the present" my father said

"Come on I'ma count to 10 and we all gonna take deep breaths" he said and once we got to 10 I was able to control my breathing.

"He called me last night and I didn't pick up when he needed me the most" I said

"I was sleep while he was literally taking his last breath" I said while holding my head cause I had a big ass headache.

"Dee please don't blame yourself" my mom said

"He left me a voicemail. He said Laney killed him" I said

"Let me hear it" my father said and I played it. Hearing it the second time made me cry even more. I know everything happens for a reason but WHAT WAS THE FUCKING REASON!?. I didn't understand and I felt broken.

"LANEY!" My father yelled getting up and he disappeared out the door.

"I really want to be alone right now. You can go after him" I said to my mother

"You sure?" She questioned

"Please go" I said and once she left I put my headphones in and just kept on replaying the voicemail. I was sure to screen record it too just in case the voicemail deleted. This was all I had.
.
.
.
R.I.P Tyrone

I deleted my Insta for the New Years and today I decided to bring it back up only to see that he got shot 2 weeks ago. They said that the bullets wasn't even meant for him and even tho I haven't seen him in a good min that shit hurt. He's the closest person I know that died and I just feel so fucking bad bruh. Life is crazy cause people just really die like that. 😢

Something told me to call out of work today and this was the reason..Fuckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk!!!!

On that note vote, comment and share for good luck ⭐️